Re: WTH is up with Stats?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Feb 20 2015 2:07 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Feb 14 2015 6:06 AM

alosso:

With 2,100 rounds played and a (round) average being displayed as 292, the difference of 18 yds created by a 310 yds round will influence the average by 18/2,100 = 0.009 yards.

110 + a safety margin of 40 = 150 rounds are necessary to raise the average by one yard!

Called it. Knew HE couldn't resist.  :-P

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Feb 14 2015 6:42 AM

LMAO YJ. I guess I'll check my stats again around Nov.- Dec. to see if I made it to 293.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, Feb 20 2015 11:12 AM

One stat that I wish I kept track of since first joining WGT...   

How many beers/ drinks I have consumed while playing WGT.  LOL  Instead of longest putt, I could have longest time between opening a cold one and emptying said cold one.  Or Most consumed in a alt/shot match,  9 holes and 18 holes.  

Heck, if I would have used the .10 cents per can/bottle returnables strictly for virtual golf balls, I'd have my own pro-shop lol.

Then again, maybe it's best I don't know.  ;-)

• oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Fri, Feb 20 2015 11:45 AM

How about virtual beer ?

If WGT really want to cuntinue on their gimmicky marketing strategy, then we could consume vurtual beer as we play, say 30 credits per can, the more cans u consume , the more deviation u get on ur shots.

We could have a drunken event every month where we have to show up on the first tee with a little indicator in our game client window proving we have consumed at least 6 cans of virtual beer.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, Feb 20 2015 11:57 AM

Unlike the passes,  I'd buy the beers LOL.  

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Fri, Feb 20 2015 12:46 PM

I've seen some beer carts IRL though they aren't common over here, but I haven't seen any beer cart girl worth the view. Why not add beer cart and a fashionable beer cart girl coming around once on each nine holes (18er twice -yummy!), and if you buy some virtual stuff (cling clingnice credits), you get a time-out just enough take a leak and check out your refrigerator(?)

• oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Fri, Feb 20 2015 1:27 PM

Forgot to mention for these drunken events which are of course not skill based, but all about volume - of beer and holes played. Dpn't know if WGT could organise something like that but anyway each CC owner would have to sit in the 19th hole to collect cards and count empty beer cans

Thus he will be "Country Club Card Collector & Can Counter" or CCCCCC for short or even "sexy cvnt"

Any player passing out on the course during play will be forbidden from taking any further part, thus giving the smaller clubs like ours full of heavy drinking beer bellied blotchy Tour Legends a better chance against the bigger but less experienced clubs.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Feb 20 2015 2:07 PM

I'm in, when do I tee off? Can I get the empty cans out of the car? It was a 15 mile drive to the course, I think I have 7 empty cans.

• PAGES
RSS