Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Player return 2year "Little Break"

Sat, Feb 14 2015 10:35 AM (4 replies)
  • ladzrls
    286 Posts
    Sat, Feb 14 2015 2:08 AM

Hello folk's

Well what can I say, my "Little Break" turned into 2 years, give or take a month or two.

Been playing FPS games and still do, but the WGT vice  gnawed away at me and having tried to resist this wonderful game I found I couldn't resist this little temptress any more.

When I started my "Little Break" I had overplayed this game and really needed to stop playing and play other games. Its to WGT's credit that I had played so much to the point of overburn.

So how has my return been and at what skill level was I at before my ensued absence?

My game and level was as a Legend player and playing to the standard of the top end of Legend player's(Tour Legend was in back then). Now my return was a big shock, I was ready to be away from the standard I was when I had left this game, what I wasn't ready for was by how much.

My driving was off, Iron play was miles away in correct distance and as for the "Ding", well lets just say the "Ding" seemed like an impossible task to hit. For putting I expected to be out of sync with this part of the game but not the rest of my game.

My whole game was a shambles and needed to be re-learned through mistakes and trying out different shots.

I have now played 4 ranked rounds, the first 2 where "Rusty"!! with the last 2 showing signs of getting back into the swing of thing's.

You know what? Im really enjoying learning the small details which make the difference between "Scoring" and not "Scoring", The Iron play distance wise Is improving a little and my last 2 rounds have shown me that mistakes are brilliant In this game as that's how you learn again.

All the rounds I have played have been Ranked(4 in Total) with no quitting or restarts. It's been superb to be really enjoying this game again with the eager beaver mentality to improve and re-learn.

I'm a good bit away from where my game was and have only played 3 courses so I have a long way to go and have many mistakes to make but this game has got It's glow back and I'm all eager, keen and fully enjoying once again.

If any one want's to see what It's been like for me to return and "struggle" I have my games saved on my Youtube channel.

The first ranked game Is in 15 minute sections but my the other games are 1 video each and show just how much of a struggle it can be after such a lay off, First 2 vids are maybe a little slow but my game speeds up on round 3 and 4 of ranked play(55/1hr10m). If you enjoy watching games(Which I do) then give mine a twirl. I talk through all the videos so hopefully that keeps you interested as I plod along.

Any and all feedback regarding my play Is welcomed. Banter and dark humour extracting the urine about my golf Is also welcome.

So If your In the mood for It then walk with me on my journey through my videos and enjoy the high's and lows with me as I try to regain former skill's long since lost and forgotten.

Ty for reading

Ladzrls

Stringtheory Gaming channel

www.youtube.com/channel/UCT2WIivuypzWtN4TGwmTzDA/feed

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Sat, Feb 14 2015 3:26 AM

Nice to see you lad! You're back to the courses where the fun is!

• ladzrls
    286 Posts
    Sat, Feb 14 2015 6:28 AM

Ty alosso,

It certainly has been fun trying to remember which blade of  grass does what and which bump does birdies.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Feb 14 2015 7:40 AM

ladzrls:
    It certainly has been fun trying to remember which blade of  grass does what and which bump does birdies.

How about remembering the old CC?   ;-)

• ladzrls
    286 Posts
    Sat, Feb 14 2015 10:35 AM

An so I maka him an offur he cant refuse.

Hey maybe my old skill level Is in one of the club lockers?

RSS