Re: Help Me Out

rated by 0 users
Thu, Feb 19 2015 7:02 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Feb 19 2015 6:11 AM

renniw52:
    If they don't count toward saturation they shouldn't show as a ranked round.

I think people generally consider whatever's posted in your score history is a ranked round. Actually, it's not necessarily. Ranked rounds affect your average and the Par 3's and 5's don't, therefore they're not actually ranked rounds, just rounds played and recorded.

Spdemon is right. You need to discount all of those Par 3's and 5's you've played as part of that 499. And since your history won't go far enough back to find out, you get to guess.  ;-)

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Feb 19 2015 6:45 AM

Thanks Guys. I'll just keep whacking away, working on getting my average back up to 70+.  Must be the cold weather in Ga. circuit between brain and finger is frozen. LOL

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Feb 19 2015 6:48 AM

I think the par 5 and par 3's are considered "ranked rounds" for stats.  That way a double E or HIO will reflect in your stats if you get them.

I went through this as TL thinking I should be at the 500 ranked rounds to reach saturation, but when my average still went up a bit on round 501, I knew I wasn't there yet lol.

You'll know when you hit saturation when a normal round of even par drops your average by a lot lol.  

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Thu, Feb 19 2015 7:02 AM

YankeeJim:
    I think people generally consider whatever's posted in your score history is a ranked round.

Speaking of stroke play rounds, this is true, also for Par3s and Par5s.

I suppose that it is necessary for tournaments on these courses. They are also in the number of Ranked Rounds in the players' stats.

"Ranked" is one type of game mode here.

Strokeplay is Ranked or Practice, tournaments are ranked, too.

CTTH is only available as Ranked,

Match play is Scored, Practice or Challenge,

Blitz is Tracked or Challenge

A/S is Scored,

Skins is Practice or Challenge.

Thus, there are ranked rounds that don't count to the average, discounting is necessary.

• PAGES
RSS