Help › Forums

Re: Starting over

rated by 0 users
Wed, Mar 25 2015 9:21 AM (4 replies)
  • Rich461
    1 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2015 12:51 PM

Hello all.

Well my question is about weather when your playing and trying to do well. I would like to

know how many of you practice a ton and not play with weather option until later advancement, or do you just play with it from the get go. For me, I will do ok...but then I start leaving the ball too far from the cup, get frustrated when I could've had an easy birdie, get frustrated, because I'm trying to get better, and start over.

what do you people do?

thanks, and see you out there.

• Artemusbuddy
    417 Posts
    Tue, Mar 24 2015 12:49 PM

Hello Rich,

I've been officially a member since 2013, but been playing since 2012. I usually try to play every day even just a CTTH. I jumped straight into the game without the practice course. Although I don't have a great average, I have improved tremendously.

I also get into the ranked stroke tourneys. The most I've won at once is about 90 credits, usually 1 or 2 here and there.

Sorry to ramble. I guess to answer your question. My only practice is actual tourneys. After while you get to know how the ball or club works with each hole. Some are weird and you have to go longer or shorter then the yardage. As to coming up short, watch the uphill and downhill to the hole along with the other factors. Your clubs will also help. After vowing to two years to never pay for credits, I broke down. I've purchased some nice club which also improved my game. I also started out frustrated as well, even to the point of smacking my monitor (didn't help). Now if I mess up, I just laugh and play again.

Hope this helps a little.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Mar 24 2015 11:26 PM

Like A, I mostly play tournaments - it's a better deal for XPs.

Usually, I play through even if it turns bad. This is to take profit of possible better shots coming and to practice the late holes.

Only if I have a certain goal, a score for placement in a leaderboard or whatnots, I sometimes quit or restart, but only in solo play.

A reminder: It's of no use to quit games "to protect the average". But, playing solo, you may do what you like!

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Mar 25 2015 9:11 AM

Artemusbuddy:
    I've been officially a member since 2013, but been playing since 2012.

Think the op was talking about starting a game over, not starting over with a new account.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Mar 25 2015 9:21 AM

Rich461:

I start leaving the ball too far from the cup, get frustrated when I could've had an easy birdie, get frustrated, because I'm trying to get better, and start over.

what do you people do?

Post a score in the tournament and then play it again but restart if you can't beat the score you posted. You might birdie a hole you parred the first time and vice versa but you're playing for the score and if you can still beat it, keep going.

This is a really good way to learn the courses 9 holes at a time. Post a score for your goal to beat and then get about it.  :-)

p.s., One of these days you're going to find yourself doing everything right and you'll wind up posting a best ever score.

RSS