Forums

Help › Forums

Re: BEGGING FOR BALLS

rated by 0 users
Tue, Mar 24 2015 9:45 AM (7 replies)
  • adamsaid
    116 Posts
    Tue, Mar 24 2015 4:18 AM

IN THE RECENT 3 WEEKS I HAVE COME ACROSS SOME PLAYERS THAT ASK FOR GIFTED BALLS  IF YOU WANT TO PLAY THE GAME PLEASE BY YOUROWN 

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Tue, Mar 24 2015 4:45 AM

Perhaps they are getting no takers in challenge games or they want to put a value on competition. We are all subject to spam on the internet, it is up to you as to a response.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Mar 24 2015 5:11 AM

Just tell them that as soon as the game is over you'll send them 3 sleeves of starter balls and a pack of tees.

• BlondinJDB
    46 Posts
    Tue, Mar 24 2015 8:15 AM

Have not experienced this Adam.  Then again, I very seldom just go out onto WGT and look for anybody to play with.    I pretty much stick to playing with just my "friends" or with members of my country club, or other country clubs that have made arrangements to play our club. 

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Tue, Mar 24 2015 8:54 AM

Tell them they can have all they can eat.

• sarak362336
    1,597 Posts
    Tue, Mar 24 2015 8:55 AM

PaulTon:
    Just tell them that as soon as the game is over you'll send them 3 sleeves of starter balls and a pack of tees.

Only 3 Paul? - Times must be hard!  ;-)

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Mar 24 2015 8:57 AM

During 'Invitegate' when it was almost impossible to play alt with friends, I set my phaser to Master and went out to seek new life and new civilisation.

I have to say it was very enjoyable. I played a lot of really great games with fun people I hadn't met before and added a few to my friends list.

In fact there was only one game where the chat wasn't pleasant, the weird guy responsible quit when he went one down, to the disgust of his partner and us. It was fully expected though, the host had teed off before I could warn him about the hat guy.

I would recommend it, there are some great players out there just looking for fun competition.

• Rabbit274
    1,178 Posts
    Tue, Mar 24 2015 9:45 AM

Agree with Paul. Being a member of a very small club and the difference in time zones, I find it very difficult to set up or play against cc members or friends. My experience over the past couple of months has been enjoyable. With only 2 or 3 exceptions, the players I have met have been affable and pleasant to play with - the less affable and quitters go onto my sh1t list.

RSS