Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Good Stuff

rated by 0 users
Sun, Apr 5 2015 7:18 AM (3 replies)
  • Bucmonkey
    6 Posts
    Fri, Apr 3 2015 3:12 PM

LoL...just lol.  Up front... my "join date" does not coincide with my "attempt to learn this game date". 

Over the last two weeks I have put forth a great effort to grasp the basics and improve.

That said..I assume that the vets that constantly exit the games I create know something I do not or just feel it's not worth their time to join a noob game.

I can at least thank you for saving me some coin down the road...anyone know of actual interactive golf sims available??  TYIA.

• DaveDwingdale
    1,240 Posts
    Fri, Apr 3 2015 4:53 PM

Seeing as how I don't think you'll get too many positive responses to this post...

Bucmonkey:

LoL...just lol.  Up front... my "join date" does not coincide with my "attempt to learn this game date". 

Over the last two weeks I have put forth a great effort to grasp the basics and improve.

Great! That will help.

That said..I assume that the vets that constantly exit the games I create know something I do not or just feel it's not worth their time to join a noob game.

Probably true on both counts. Many higher tier players are both time and ball usage conscious. 

I can at least thank you for saving me some coin down the road.

Also probably true.

..anyone know of actual interactive golf sims available??  TYIA.

Unfortunately, as crappy as this game can be, it is still about the best choice we have. 

A few things to think about...

What type of games did you set up? (I see you play a lot of blitz games.)

Did you set them to allow all tiers or only similar tiers to your own?

When you advance to the higher tiers, will you want to play with a noob?

And, if you really enjoy playing the game, suggestions ...

Find a country club that's looking for new players to grow their club.

Play the unlimited free tournaments to increase your XP points, making it possible to get better clubs. (and shoot lower scores)

Try joining other people's games.

Keep trying.

Now quit whining and go find a game.  

Good luck to ya,

Dave

• Bucmonkey
    6 Posts
    Sat, Apr 4 2015 12:55 PM

Thanks for the reply Dave,  I guess my post was more of a rant.

FYI, the only reason the blitzes are the prevalent mode I play is because that seems to be practically the only multiplayer mode played here.   

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Sun, Apr 5 2015 7:18 AM

I play a multiplayer Stroke game pretty much daily.

Usually 18 hole too, not two 9 hole games.

But, I start the game and since I'm at the Legend tier the greens are Tournament speed.

Because of the green speed I set the game for Master tier and above players and play anyone that has a green game completion check mark.

RSS