Help › Forums

Re: RAGS TO RICHES

Sat, May 2 2015 12:47 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, May 2 2015 7:34 AM

Stobsbee:

Congrats to AFC Bournemouth on becoming the champions.

And The Mighty Bees sneak into the play-offs thanks to Blackburn and Reading.

Pardon the ignorance, what are you guys talking about? It's interesting but I have no clue how big this is for you guys. :-)

• Stobsbee
    4,784 Posts
    Sat, May 2 2015 9:21 AM

We are referring to the English Football Championship. It is the league below the English Premier League. The winners and second place teams are automatically promoted to the Premier League. The teams that finish 3rd to 6th enter a play-off with the winners of that also gaining promotion. Today was the final day of the regular season.

• razza31
    703 Posts
    Sat, May 2 2015 11:32 AM

Derby must be shot.. They were cruising couple of months back iirc

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Sat, May 2 2015 12:05 PM

YankeeJim:

Pardon the ignorance, what are you guys talking about? It's interesting but I have no clue how big this is for you guys. :-)

Soccer Jim, football soccer.

English Premier League?,  Chelsea, Manchester United, Arsenal, etc...Rodney, Balotelli, Ronaldo, Messi, etc

LOL, Ronaldo & Messi are in La Liga (Spain)..sry.

GO BOURNEMOUTH GO!!!

Eric 

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sat, May 2 2015 12:30 PM

LOL YJ...

Believe me it is big!!! Futbol (soccer) in Europe is bigger than baseball and football combined here....a lot of these club players were signed by the club and trained from age 10-12, as well as educated, fed, and housed on the clubs money...

Then you have a stadium full of fans who bleed the club colors who also know the tactical side of the game very well, and you can get booed off the field for making 3 bad passes as easily as a standing ovation for making 3 good passes, little things most US fans don't even notice in any of our sports....

A lower division team that gets promoted to the big show in some cases is only 1-2 good players from giving a very good show of themselves in some cases, imagine what would happen to our minor league champion team if they were promoted to the big show...LOL...it's that competitive...

Last time I looked I believe only 4 Americans were playing in the 1st division in Europe, Michael Bradley plays in Italy I think, Clint Dempsey, Tim Howard, and J. Altador play in the EPL(England)....Dempsey signed a full time contract with MSL so make that 3...

The owner of the St. Louis Rams, Stan Kroenke(married into the Walmart fortune) is the owner, or major shareholder of Arsenal FC, a well respected top EPL club for many years...

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, May 2 2015 12:42 PM

The 'Ton did it!!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, May 2 2015 12:47 PM

fatdan:
    Believe me it is big!!! Futbol (soccer) in Europe is bigger than baseball and football combined here

Wow. See that now. Good for them and it's fun to watch.  :-)

• PAGES
RSS