Forums

Help › Forums

Re: balls in your bag

Mon, May 11 2015 4:37 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Mon, May 11 2015 4:33 AM

and if you like trying to understand tournament rules like the 1-ball condition ....

try this :)

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Mon, May 11 2015 9:22 AM

MBaggese:
    alosso:
    It hasn't been named "one ball rule" by the company until Pizza did so, late in his stay.
    No...We players have known and cited the "one ball rule", long before Pizza was moderating the forums.

You are correct, and I am correct.

From my first steps in the forum, the users have cited the one ball condition when the subject came up, but the company would never chime in. On the contrary, Chad avoided any analogy when making the balls a subject in his video chat in Summer 2012.

Much later, Pizza was the first to publish the analogy in 2013(?). Nevertheless, me thinks that "no option" was the true reason for this programming.

And, it's not worth to fight about it - the game is as it is regardless.

The rules of golf are another subject, important only for RL golfers.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, May 11 2015 9:39 AM

alosso:
    The rules of golf are another subject, important only for RL golfers.

Which is part of making this game as real as possible.  :-)

• cherus
    44 Posts
    Mon, May 11 2015 9:43 AM

Have to agree with you Thomas, claiming realistic, I occasionally fish a ball out of the water hazards and find one in the brush still taking a penalty stroke. WGT should consider tracking the number of lost balls and after 12...17....20 (whatever number chosen) , surprize!!!, allow to recover the ball, still taking the penalty.  cherus

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, May 11 2015 9:57 AM

cherus:
    I occasionally fish a ball out of the water hazards and find one in the brush still taking a penalty stroke.

WGT did something sort of like that for a very brief period quite a while ago. You found balls during the course of ranked round play. I think it lasted about a month but players were actually finding balls all over the place.

• dacrash
    475 Posts
    Mon, May 11 2015 12:10 PM

"balls in your bag"

Yep that's where I keep mine.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, May 11 2015 12:21 PM

By design, error or luck or immaculate conception who cares.  This game tracks the one ball rule (condition if must use the letter of the law).  All as used for 25 years + universally, and the rest matters naught.

Where WGT have stuffed up is that they allow the kids only new ideas department to continue.

Clueless bunch who know more about knitting than golf, and they can't crochet.  In their infinite stupidity they decided to change a perfectly OK notification system, but not tell anyone as usual.   Might have have pulled it off had they understood one thing about golf, such as OOB possibilities, but as we established they can't crochet either.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, May 11 2015 1:27 PM

You lads surprise me, debating whether to start flogging a dead horse again!

The thing that stood out to me in this thread was this sentence -

ThomasBright:
    allow the user to choose again in that situation, that's reality baby.

I cringed at first then it creeped me out a little.

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Mon, May 11 2015 4:37 PM

iaa R ( R ) V ft 

• PAGES
RSS