Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Approach shots going 20 yards offline

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jun 7 2015 10:55 AM (5 replies)
  • JohnShipleySr
    129 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2015 5:39 AM

I have a problem with approach shots going 20 yards offline  on several holes on Bethpage Black #6 and #9. I set my drives to be within 60 to 135 yards on these holes and repeatedly the shots go wildly off coarse. Even with a ding. This has happened on other coarses also with shots sometimes going OB. This has to be fixed. I am a Legend so I know what it takes to hit close shots. This is killing my game and causing me to think about not playing the game that I love so much anymore. Please fix this so I can be competitive with the rest of my WGTclub members.

Thank You

johnshipleysr

johnshipley84@yahoo.com

• Mizuno44
    4 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2015 10:40 AM

Ive noticed the same thing, especially at Beth Page. One hole in particular is the par five that it a mile uphill and surrounded by bunkers. Aim it right, ding it, and it goes twenty yards right into the bunkers or rough. Definitely should not happen if struck well.

• Sikkum
    88 Posts
    Sat, Jun 6 2015 11:37 PM

Clear cache clear browser downloads blah blah blah is all you will get from these muppets my friend.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Sun, Jun 7 2015 12:11 AM

Put new grips on ur clubs and clean the clubface, and clear out the grooves.

Hope this helps.

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Sun, Jun 7 2015 10:09 AM

You're shaft's are bent replace them.

navi.USMC

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sun, Jun 7 2015 10:55 AM

JohnShipleySr:

I have a problem with approach shots going 20 yards offline  on several holes on Bethpage Black #6 and #9. I set my drives to be within 60 to 135 yards on these holes and repeatedly the shots go wildly off coarse. Even with a ding.

I find that for ME, 9 plays shorter than stated distances(about 5 yrds) and so does 6 but not as much...much less wind affect also on both holes, I play about 1/2 the wind stated...

Has to be one of those because there is no other reason to be off that much with those irons u play, those are both very easy birdie holes....the left pin on 6 played a little long and left back s right down to the pin and the putt6s are easy regardless of the pin placement .

RSS