• JDShoemaker
    209 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2015 9:25 PM

LOL dont be in such a hurry.  Best time I ever had here was as a 
    Tour Pro!!! 

• steinyboys
    741 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2015 12:24 AM

IMO  get three of the best wedges you can afford. 60 yrd 80yrd  100yrd are good then as the others have said you only need one driver, and get a three wood the wedges will lower your score good luck and have fun, hard to do these days in WGT  lol

• jdcote
    18 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2015 1:08 AM

Sorry, I don't agree.

Some of the earlier advice was good, ie: dumping the Starter Lob Wedge, going with three wedges, instead of the rescue wood.

But, "Spend, spend, spend."? Try "SPEND WISELY". I'm at Level 86 and also a Master. If I play smart, practice a round, or two, if I've been idle and play smart, I don't need to spend a lot of cash. I'll move up in a couple months. Besides, you move up a level, then the game becomes more difficult. Usually, I can make 1000 credits last about 2 1/2 months. That's just buying balls. Why should you pay more, unless of course, that's your choice. To reach a goal by spending more, rather than using skill. I get more gratification by working at it. May take me longer, but I didn't buy my way to Level 86.

This game does NOT require a lot of investment after you reach Tour Pro. I'm waiting to get a new Driver, but the better ones are still 10-15 levels away. Find a good, lomng hitting driver that you can afford and suits your needs. A good Iron set, and the three wedge clubs. I still use the Starter Lofted Wedge. I like it and it does what I want.  When I can afford it, I'll get something else.

I'm a Disabled Vet and every dime is precious to me. So, sit on your wallet, unless you've got the kind of money that is just dying to find a home other than yours. The game is a fun, relaxing diversion. When it becomes a financial requirement, that's when I give it up. I'd rather eat.

• PAGES
RSS