Forums

Help › Forums

Re: VEM in real life?

rated by 0 users
Sun, May 31 2015 10:59 PM (8 replies)
  • srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Sat, May 30 2015 9:45 PM

I finally got  in my first round of the year today. A friend was in town from out of state so we decided to take advantage of the low prices and headed out to Palm Springs. Played the Tahquitz Creek Legend Course. It was only the second time I've picked up a golf club since October (I did hit a driving range in March).

Anyway, on to the VEM. After losing three balls and going 20 over after seven holes, somebody finally turned it off. The last 11 holes were one birdie, nine pars and a double bogey (an OB off the tee). That's right. +20 for seven, +1 the next 11. Anyone else ever see VEM like that in real life?

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Sat, May 30 2015 10:13 PM

I'd call it "Learning by Doing" ;)

Usually, if a players starts a round with a "VEM", it's most likely to stay, due to his physical condition, his anger, his expectations (self-fulfilling prophecy).

Professional players hit the practice area after the round, us amateurs would rather hit the bar for some "oblivion" drinks and try again tomorrow.

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2015 2:34 PM

I'd rather hit the bar IN PREPARATION for the round ... that way I can't remember what happened except for exceptional luck shots ... 

hahahahhahahahahahha ....

*tongue planted firmly in cheek*

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2015 2:55 PM

LMAO. Ya, I'd say I saw the VEMmeister in action last weekend. First round of the year with the stud son golfer and I go par birdie par for a 2 stroke lead over his young, 300 yd drive butt. 

I shoulda quit then  :-D

@Don-did you mean preparation H?  

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2015 5:00 PM

So how badly did he finally take it to you, YJ?

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2015 5:51 PM

YankeeJim:

LMAO. Ya, I'd say I saw the VEMmeister in action last weekend. First round of the year with the stud son golfer and I go par birdie par for a 2 stroke lead over his young, 300 yd drive butt. 

I shoulda quit then  :-D

@Don-did you mean preparation H?  

No, but I think you did ... lol ...

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2015 8:18 PM

Played last week at Turtle Bay...I had a 5 iron from 178 and hit the flagstick on the fly and it bounced 150 yards out of bounds...oh no....wait....it didn't...It bounced about 12 feet from the flag...not VEM....but a WGT memory moment.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2015 8:25 PM

srellim234:

So how badly did he finally take it to you, YJ?

LOL. Ever have one of those rounds here where you're owning the front and then seemingly forget how to play on the back 9? Case in point. :-(

• Highglove
    53 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2015 10:59 PM
    Oh yeah. Once played the first 4 holes in +11, the last 3 in +8, and the middle 11 in -1. I feel ya.
RSS