Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Browser Breakdown

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 7 2015 6:07 AM (6 replies)
  • Artemusbuddy
    417 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2015 2:08 PM

Help. I've been using Firefox to play WGT. No probs up until now. I try to log in and the message "Adobe Flash Player had crashed". I've been using Adobe Flash Player 18 NPAPI. For two hours I've been trying to resolve this through Mozilla and I also uninstalle/re-installed flash player, still no luck. Google Chrome is a no go as the swing meter is extremely jumpy, just tried CTTH. Internet Explorer I can't even get the login to show up. Is it the browser or do I need to install something else. I'm jonesing for a Stoke Play and don't want to shoot an 80+ on Chrome.

I'll keep trying to research and come up with something in the meantime.

Anyone else using Firefox and having trouble?

• joemt825
    124 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2015 5:58 PM

Try Maxthon Cloud browser. 

• jayheels
    148 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2015 6:55 PM

Artemusbuddy:

Help. I've been using Firefox to play WGT. No probs up until now. I try to log in and the message "Adobe Flash Player had crashed". I've been using Adobe Flash Player 18 NPAPI. For two hours I've been trying to resolve this through Mozilla and I also uninstalle/re-installed flash player, still no luck. Google Chrome is a no go as the swing meter is extremely jumpy, just tried CTTH. Internet Explorer I can't even get the login to show up. Is it the browser or do I need to install something else. I'm jonesing for a Stoke Play and don't want to shoot an 80+ on Chrome.

I'll keep trying to research and come up with something in the meantime.

Anyone else using Firefox and having trouble?

There was a problem with the last update try updating again seems better now.

• ScottHope
    10,357 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2015 12:08 AM
    Did you uninstall flash with the uninstallerQ?
  • alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2015 1:09 AM

Artemusbuddy:
    Help. I've been using Firefox to play WGT. No probs up until now. I try to log in and the message "Adobe Flash Player had crashed". I've been using Adobe Flash Player 18 NPAPI.

Unfortunately, the FF / Flash combo has become instable a long time ago. For a while, I played Maxthon 3, but after a few updates it's become better. Still the occasional crash but usually it's sufficient to reload the page. It would be a PITA in MP games, but I stay away from these.

Today, I'm on FF 38 / Flash 18. No change to the better I'm afraid.

There was one report warning about FF 39, but they may have withdrawn it.

• garyk49
    2,329 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2015 5:28 AM

Artemusbuddy

You won't get IE to work as it uses a different download of Flash.

Check the download page.  1 for IE and a different 1 for all other browsers.

Alosso

Try an older version of FF and Flash.  Don't play in FF, but version 38.0.1 with 16.0.0.305 Flash seems to work ok.  You will get a nag screen about outdated Flash.  Tell FF to allow and remember and you will only have to do it once.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2015 6:07 AM

Thanks  for the hint. I might try it if the crashes become too disturbant.

RSS