Forums

Help › Forums

Re: An Open Letter to WGT

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 10 2015 12:05 PM (1 replies)
  • golfvader7
    1,822 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2015 11:26 AM

"WGT, the best, most realistic golf site on the internet. But I fear that it's Owners, Management, Member Services & I-Tech has lost respect for all who play their game. A very sad commentary & a damn shame."

I would first like to state that I do not have meter problems of any kind, I have loading problems so infrequently, that it is hardly worth mentioning, and I love some of the new shots of the courses. The new views makes it seem like I’m playing a new course.

That being said, I started my club on April 1, 2014. In July of that year, due to severe and ongoing illnesses, I transferred ownership. Upon doing that, the new owner was STILL listed as MEMBER, but had use of all the owner’s tools. In August, I took back ownership, and have been listed as MEMBER ever since. And until June 28th, 2015, I HAD use of all the owner’s tools. Now I have read all the comments, about all the problems caused by the June 28th maintenance shutdown, and I find that conspicuous by its absence are direct and to the point answers and replies from WGT. A small blurb here and there. With the magnitude of the recent problems we now all face, I find this to be unacceptable and unforgivable.

What follows is as complete a list as I can come up with, about what I am dealing with as an owner of a Country Club.

1.      Still listed as a member, unable to change my own status, or remove myself(I have tried)

2.      I cannot remove existing members, but can change their status.

3.      I cannot invite anyone to join our club.

4.      I can accept those who ask to join, I cannot decline requests, as it knocks me offline, so I either accept or do nothing and now have a growing list of those who wish to join.

5.      I cannot mass email members, and from before was never sure if the emails were ever being gotten. I was also told 3 years ago that those emails can be saved……not.

6.      I cannot take advantage of giving my directors responsibilities because I have no owner’s tools.

7.      I cannot sell unwanted equipment, no matter what I do. Yes, I knew how to it, have done it, and now all I get is “server error”.

8.      I own 2 stand bags and 2 stand bags plus. I cannot equip them properly. I am amazed that I have 1 complete set to play with.

9.      The recruiting message from the CC page does not work. Hasn’t for months. Hover the cursor over the blue icon, nothing…..hover over any other blue icon, and viola, recruiting message appears.

10.   I cannot transfer ownership if it became necessary, I have no owner’s tool

11.   I cannot change our club logo, or banner, if it became necessary

12.   The Play Now icon is like a deck of cards being shuffled, on steroids.

And now, through the semi-reliable sources I have, I find out there will be no “maintenance shutdowns” until months end. That’s 3 weeks or more, Meaning that there are no fixes on the horizon.

So, WGT, I put it to you. Have you lost all respect that you may have had for those that play your game? Is it now company policy to ignore problems and not deal with them directly? All you have told me is that my messages sent have been cancelled and combined with other messages.

You are making it very hard for someone to continue to love this game. And make no mistake, I love this game. I’m not, and I’m sure others are not asking for company secrets, confidential data or the how to’s  of running the company. But every player, who spends 1 credit deserves better. Deserves respect.

I am still “the most hated owner in wgt” for past postings and comments. And I know I can count on this not winning me any points. But I honestly feel this has to be said. And in closing, I’m going to end with the exact same quote I started with……………….

"WGT, the best, most realistic golf site on the internet. But I fear that it's Owners, Management, Member Services & I-Tech has lost respect for all who play their game. A very sad commentary & a damn shame."

GV7   

• kirla
    73 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2015 12:05 PM

I have the same problem. Wrote customer service and they said there has been some reports of this happening. They have their engineers working on it. 

RSS