Help › Forums

Re: Green speed math

Fri, Jan 20 2023 8:09 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • pearljammmmer
    4,268 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2015 5:06 AM

Jimshell10:

Haven't you figured it out yet. There is no formula. As soon as enough people figure out how to play this game comfortably WGT changes everything. That way you will lose more balls and have to take more shots...hence giving them more of your hard earned money. My advice to all players..especially new players just joining is to just have fun with the game. Use basic equipment and balls and progress as high as you can while learning the game and just have some fun. If not you will be out of thousands of dollars and still never achieve what you set out to do. WGT is a joke.

How do you lose balls when you're putting? As far as taking more shots, putts don't count as "hits" so there's strike two. And if you think WGT is a joke, why are you playing here? Strike three, you're out.

• Culburn
    19 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2015 7:10 AM

Yep, hit it, close eyes, wait for sound of ball falling.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2015 7:13 AM

Jimshell10:

Haven't you figured it out yet. There is no formula. As soon as enough people figure out how to play this game comfortably WGT changes everything. That way you will lose more balls and have to take more shots...hence giving them more of your hard earned money. My advice to all players..especially new players just joining is to just have fun with the game. Use basic equipment and balls and progress as high as you can while learning the game and just have some fun. If not you will be out of thousands of dollars and still never achieve what you set out to do. WGT is a joke.

I agree all players should just play to enjoy the playing and not get wrapped up in junk.

The rest is the kind of junk  I advise to avoid.

• kriOOeve
    16 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2015 1:53 PM

kind of a coincidence, but i also just started a thread about the greens getting slower and was linked to yours by andyson.

i dont use any numbers or scale. i'm all about feel i simply have to give more then i used to now a days..  often coming up short where i was always one for rolling  past 3/4. dont like it one bit!!

• Covenant
    1,498 Posts
    Sun, Aug 2 2015 2:37 AM

If you play your speed 1 down and your breaks one up, you will be allright. That means with fast speed you go standard, even a bit less for the calculation of what to hit, but take the very fast greenspeed as measurement for the amount of break you take in your putt

• Covenant
    1,498 Posts
    Sun, Aug 2 2015 2:50 AM

Correction on my last reply, play every break as it were on champ greens, which is btw contradictory. The slower the green, the harder you hit, sometimes what they call through the break.

Well, that does not work on WGT

• kriOOeve
    16 Posts
    Wed, Aug 12 2015 7:06 AM

my greens seems back to their normal/old speeds again.. the dots seem solid again aswell curious to hear if you guys noticed a change for the better aswell

• Mucholove1
    3 Posts
    Sat, Jan 14 2023 10:44 AM

excuse me 

• Shippy3
    702 Posts
    Fri, Jan 20 2023 8:09 AM

you're excused

• PAGES
RSS