Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Promoted putting

rated by 0 users
Thu, Oct 15 2015 4:35 PM (9 replies)
  • jonahvark
    47 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 5:03 AM

Why, as a Master, do I have to be forced to putt at Tour Master and above speed when I set up a game and players above me join! Why can't they be forced to putt at my speed! I find higher ranking putting too unpredictable, and just abandon the game I set up!

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 5:43 AM

The situation isn't going to change, it's the way it's always been, so you'll need to adapt and learn.

Quitting is never a good thing, for you or the other players you let down.

The putting is not 'too unpredictable', all you do is adjust your line and your math.

There are loads of threads to help with putting at each green speed, search the forum.

Look on it as a chance to learn for the future, those green speeds will be your speed soon enough. 

Play alt shot with higher tiered players, it's the best way to learn. Ask questions, most experienced players like to pass on tips.

The faster speeds can seem scary but they're not, just treat it like any other problem, apply logic and reason to find the solution, as I said before, all the information you need is in this forum. Practice helps too. Happy hitting.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 6:15 AM

My reply (above) was trying to help what I thought to be a new/inexperienced player.

The OP joined in 2008 and is a level 96 Master.

• jonahvark
    47 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2015 12:11 PM

Lol. Anyway, I didn't mean quit, I meant drop out before game starts

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2015 12:20 PM

PaulTon:
    The situation isn't going to change, it's the way it's always been, so you'll need to adapt and learn.

Not so sure they won't be changing PT.  According to the "Upcoming Product Releases" post WGT is working on something called

• Set winds and green speed in multiplayer games

that could change it.  Vague description as usual.

• jonahvark
    47 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2015 2:02 PM

The obvious solutions are never taken up!

• Drdave72
    272 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2015 3:37 PM

I would be more than willing to play your green speed if I can use your tee box also.

• Drdave72
    272 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2015 3:40 PM

314 ranked games, just remove the players you don't want playing. May take you an hour to find players, but your game.

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2015 4:35 PM

jonahvark:

Lol. Anyway, I didn't mean quit, I meant drop out before game starts

That's just as bad if not worse than quitting. You get 3 players to join you then you drop out and the game can't start because there is no host. 

RSS