Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Big bunker in front of # seven Old Course

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 6 2015 4:14 AM (4 replies)
  • WildBillbakerhil
    80 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2015 6:27 PM

I just hit a ball into this bunker. When the program get me to the ball, I am shown with my back to the flag. Since when doe WGT tell the player how he wants to play the ball. From what I see, I have plenty of room to stand on the other side of the ball and hit it in the direction of the flag. I am an adequate wedge player even on long sand shots. I have saved the game and quit with me still in the bunker. I refuse to play out sideways and waste a shot. I will not do it and I will not quit forfeit the game as I have eagled 5 and 6 and have a good shot at a birdie on 7 if I am allowed to make the shot of my choice. If I miss the shot and leave it in the bunker then that is my loss, but I will not take a lost shot by someone else telling me how to play the shot, that is totally my own decision to make and not some computer program that is half wacky anyway, and would be easily fixed if you have competent people writing your code. I spend my good hard earned money playing this game and I haven't been stingy with it, so I shouldn't be treated like this when I have to pay for it.

Regards,

William H. Erwin

RMC, USN(RET)

• BIGAL123
    202 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2015 6:46 PM

Bill -

I found myself pointing in the wrong direction also.  It happened twice today and I was in the bunker both times.  I moved the aiming point and it spun my avatar around to the right direction.  Something new to report in the bug log.  Good luck !!

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2015 11:06 PM

WildBillbakerhil:
    From what I see, I have plenty of room to stand on the other side of the ball and hit it in the direction of the flag.

Space to stand is not a problem here, the avatar may stand within the bunker wall, hang in the air or stand on water - have seen it all.

OTOH, the aim has always been directed at the flag AFAIK, and this has been presented to me (replay without moving the marker).

It may be different at different spots, but you always have the option to place the aimer where you want.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Aug 6 2015 3:43 AM

You can occasionally see a similar thing when putting. Your avatar looks as if it's standing at a right angle from the correct line of putt. The ball will still travel to where the aim marker is placed, it's just a graphic glitch but doesn't effect the shot outcome. 

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Thu, Aug 6 2015 4:14 AM

PaulTon:

You can occasionally see a similar thing when putting. Your avatar looks as if it's standing at a right angle from the correct line of putt. The ball will still travel to where the aim marker is placed, it's just a graphic glitch but doesn't effect the shot outcome. 

I've seen that often on Kiawah, more there than anywhere else.

RSS