Forums

Help › Forums

Re: STUCK WITH A 145YD DRIVER

rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 14 2015 12:05 AM (6 replies)
  • carlito1999
    3 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2015 8:17 AM

im a young player whos reached master lvl,at,lvl47 and ive spent my pocket money on clubs but cant afford a new driver which is hard because the holes have been very long at the moment so il have to play par 3s for the time unless soe one can help me out ty

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2015 9:22 AM

Let me guess that it is 245 yds?

Should be possible to play though there may be a few tracks where you don't arrive at the FW(?)

My two Pfennig:

Take up the challenge of playing a selection of full courses. It will be more fun than always Par3s and a good training to hone your skills of up-and-downs.

Plus, Par3s don't contribute to your average. Thus you'd be stuck as a novice Master forever. Dare to post higher rounds - saturation will take care to lower the ave. after 40 rounds!

Play weekly or monthly tournaments, they provide more XPs to level up for better clubs. L59 Pings (full set) may be worthwhile investment if the game becomes a tad less faulty.

• Rabbit274
    1,178 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2015 9:41 AM

What alosso said.

Although I'm a TL, I sometimes dig out the starter clubs and balls and play a few rounds for fun. A lot of the courses can be played to par or under even off the back tees - St A, Kiawah and Congressional to name just 3.

Polish up your play and you'll soon get there.

You only joined a couple of months ago, so it is a bit early to be wishing higher tiers on yourself. You have a decent set of clubs - you just have to learn to use them properly.

• adeypa
    1,151 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2015 10:15 AM

Enjoy your new Driver  :o)

• ScottHope
    10,357 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2015 10:37 AM
    Nice one ade, he'll probably burst with excitement next time he logs in.  : )
  • adeypa
    1,151 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2015 1:07 PM

I hope so Scott. Working your way up through the tiers is one of the best things about WGT, with a bit of luck this driver will help see Carlito further up the ladder, enjoying himself on the way. 

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2015 12:05 AM

gr8 move, ade!

Kudos!

RSS