Help › Forums

Re: Fix the bunker/chip shots!

rated by 0 users
Sun, Sep 20 2015 3:58 AM (6 replies)
  • Tincup17
    9 Posts
    Sat, Sep 19 2015 6:45 PM

Eff U, wgt!  

Fix the stupid bunker/chip shots that are not realistic at all!  If we can't get out of a St. Andrews pot bunker with ANY club, it's obviously an issue.

I'm ranting because I just lost my great round to one of these traps.  I hope the wet gurus read these posts, because it's seriously annoying to have a great round derailed by your petty traps.

Thanks, see you in a few days, maybe...

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Sep 19 2015 7:04 PM

Chipping from a trap?

Uh....

Tsk, tsk tsk...

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Sat, Sep 19 2015 7:17 PM

LOL,  the obvious answer is to avoid the bunkers.

But, can't think of any bunker at St A's that you can't get out of.   I'd figure the OP would/should know how since he/she joined WGT 8 months before I did.  

MBaggese:

Chipping from a trap?

Uh....

Tsk, tsk tsk...

I'm suspecting hole #17 greenside,  and if you try chipping, you deserve to ruin any round.  ;-)

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Sep 19 2015 9:01 PM

hpurey:
    I'm suspecting hole #17 greenside,  and if you try chipping, you deserve to ruin any round.  ;-)

As your groping has ruined mine....

:0ooo-awwww

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Sep 19 2015 10:54 PM

Tincup17:

Eff U, wgt!  

Fix the stupid bunker/chip shots that are not realistic at all!  If we can't get out of a St. Andrews pot bunker with ANY club, it's obviously an issue.

I'm ranting because I just lost my great round to one of these traps.  I hope the wet gurus read these posts, because it's seriously annoying to have a great round derailed by your petty traps.

Thanks, see you in a few days, maybe...

Seriously dude, you have been around the traps long enough to have learnt the game, but apparently not.

Whilst getting spin on bunker shots on WGT is not realistic, chip shots are reasonably realistic.

Having played St Andrews in real life there are some bunkers that are virtually impossible to get out of hitting forward if you are close to the wall. IMO WGT have got this right, and to get out you need to play sideways or even backwards. As on the real course, there is still no guarantee you will not ruin a good round,

The OP has lower end clubs, but still good enough to score well with, especially from master tees....but you seem incapable of doing so. That would hint most of your issues are self inflicted.

I suggest you play in practice mode, use mulligans and learn all the types of shots and use different spin. Take notes of the results and it will pay off in your scoring. Note the lies and for chips, I seldom chip if I am more than a yard off the green.

Basically do not rely on the caddy, use some course management skills and a good pre-shot routine.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Sep 19 2015 11:16 PM

/\/\/\/\/\/\

effer Alan...talking sense again...

Back to your banishment!

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2015 3:58 AM

St. Andrews + scary bunker =

alanti:
    Having played St Andrews in real life there are some bunkers that are virtually impossible to get out of hitting forward if you are close to the wall. IMO WGT have got this right, and to get out you need to play sideways or even backwards.

RSS