Help › Forums

Re: Green slopes L&R putting RL

rated by 0 users
Tue, Oct 6 2015 11:31 AM (39 replies)
  • JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Mon, Oct 5 2015 11:57 AM

ok 

Lets see the videos. Since what you're saying could be true, simply show a video of this happening:

Show the meter power and the ding (not a replay) and show the dinged putt's aim marker, then show a dinged putt drop, and show one that misses slightly, as I did.

This is surely possible:

I didn't say that a dinged putt couldn't drop, it's just a different calculation of aim and power. I choose a different method that made the ball stop nearby or drop.

Since the shots stopped nearby or dropped, you can call it whatever you want. The method worked.

Are you saying: The off ding putt didn't stop nearby? The off ding putt didn't drop?

I rest my case.

• 1enigma1
    486 Posts
    Mon, Oct 5 2015 12:00 PM

Nobody is saying off-ding putting style doesn't work.  The point in question is whether an off-ding putt's 'spin' will stall a ball by the hole on a severe slope?                                             ^^yes agreed^^ you can make a video telling me why your methods are better -   ,lol i never claimed i was better then anybody, if i made a video about putting i would just be embarrassing! myself!!    kinda like Mel Tillis making a video on how not to stutter,  catch my drift!!  :)  ..

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Oct 5 2015 12:03 PM

JFidanza:
    Are you saying: The off ding putt didn't stop nearby? The off ding putt didn't drop?

No-one is saying anything of the sort. 

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Oct 5 2015 2:28 PM

JFidanza:

ok 

Lets see the videos.

You should be showing us videos of your same putts but how that same putt dinged won't stop by the hole AND how the same putt on the replay will stop by the hole with an off-ding.

Never mind, I did it for you...

Summary: 

• Your off-ding putt stopped near the hole NOT because it was off-dinged but because it ended up on a flat spot on Fast-9 greens.  A dinged putt stops there too.
    • That replay putt dinged on faster greens and rolled down the hill?  An off-dinged putt won't stop either

Bottom line is the conclusion is wrong. Your analysis is faulty and proof is insufficient to say the least.

• 1enigma1
    486 Posts
    Mon, Oct 5 2015 3:49 PM

andyson:

You should be showing us videos of your same putts but how that same putt dinged won't stop by the hole AND how the same putt on the replay will stop by the hole with an off-ding.

Summary: 

• Your off-ding putt stopped near the NOT because it was off-dinged but because it ended up on a flat spot on Fast-9 greens.  A dinged putt stops there too.
    • That replay putt dinged on faster greens that rolled down the hill?  An off-dinged putt won't stop either

Bottom line is your analysis is faulty and proof is insufficient to say the least.

well done Andy! the reason i chimed in on this thread is that the 18th hole @Cabo has givin me grief in the past( week), ruining a great round by a bogey ,or a double! lol , playing @" champ14 green speed " ive had appoaches to the far right, slightly right & left of the pin, making par 1 outa 3 times ugh!  JFs fast 9 greens & GREAT spot to putt from would cause ANY putt dinged, off-ding to to stop, period, dont even get me started on the putt @ Whistler on hole # 12 on champ 14s !!       :)  ..  

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Mon, Oct 5 2015 3:58 PM

Champion jayw4862 

cabo birdie putt, off ding

Sorry, but I'm going with the off ding against the slope by Champion jayw4862 .

Enig. you're gonna love his stats! p.s. Champ green speed, too.

• 1enigma1
    486 Posts
    Mon, Oct 5 2015 4:30 PM

JFidanza:
    Stats can be destroyed leveling up
                                              lol ,how would ya know what leveling up  even feels like anymore, its been so long? a level 100 TM w/ the stats of a TP :)  thats retired from WGT? (no activity)   i remember when Cabo was free i played a lot ( best score a 59) & made plenty of similar putts like Jays from that spot, u have to off-ding! i agree,but a miss or lip-out bye bye down the hill you go! & Jay is a top player! no doubt ( i watch his vids) but Jay is CREDIBLE! if HE started this thread  we wouldnt  be @ this point! LOL ...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           :edit  JF your ADP is 19 feet  , & that leaves a lot of 20 to 30 footers , i see all the lil vids your posting in other threads :)  , your due to make a few "miracle off-ding putts"  every now & then LOL, but its all good, just having a little fun in the forums, dont take it personal?..

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2015 7:45 AM

JFidanza:

Sorry, but I'm going with the off ding against the slope by Champion jayw4862 .

Fine!  But no one questioned off ding as a technique that can make putts. 

The point is, if you miss the cup on an off ding putt it ain't gonna stop near the hole because it was off dinged.  The off-ding putt that is missed is going to roll far away on that green just like a dinged putt that is missed rolls far away on that green.

JFid's idea that the 'spin' of an off-ding putt will stall a missed putt near the hole is misinformation.

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2015 9:20 AM

I agree

to disagree.

The chance of the ball staying to the right is greater, or 'above the hole' as was stated, so the idea coveys the point and I'll change nothing (once again) to suit your convoluted argument. 

Now get WGT to fix the flash problem they keep talking about and your time won't be wasted, as you've done here.

Ding all you want but I'll off-ding in those cases just like Champion jayw4862 . 

After putting from that spot ding or near ding and watching my putt roll away like shady's I knew there had to be a better way w/ more probability of dropping or landing close, and I bet that's the same reason Jay did it as well. It's an educated technique.

Don't have another cruddy meltdown. Jeez

e-Smegma  you can support a buggy game but I'll keep my bucks. I'll play when it's worth the time.  WGT - waste of good time.  

Your ADAS stat 'average distance to andy's sphincter' is in negative numbers, which means your brown nose is so far up you can guess what he had for lunch yesterday.  Your guess would be credible.  Nothing personal.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2015 11:31 AM

JFidanza:
    The chance of the ball staying to the right is greater, or 'above the hole' as was stated,

How's this?  "The 'spin' of an intentional off-ding putt that misses the cup can stall the ball near the hole only if it stops on a flat part of the green"  That's all you've proved.

Let's see you use your skills to stop the replay putt near the hole on Champ 13 greens.

BTW, who's replay did you borrow?  How do you know it was dinged?

RSS