Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Any clue/idea?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Oct 15 2015 5:48 AM (8 replies)
  • mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2015 9:07 AM

When the next free rental weekend will be?  I want to try out the Cleveland 60 & 64 degree wedges.  Don't care to rent them.  480 credits I can use for balls.  Thanks!!

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2015 9:41 AM

One used to be before Xmas, but it may have been replaced by the 2-hour rentals on level-up.

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2015 10:03 AM

1st, ty for the reply.  I'll need more then 2 hours.  Guess I'll just wait.  Thanks again!

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2015 10:25 AM

You'd have to wait and hope, because level renting would be only for L97 clubs.

Alas, you may extend it for whatever available by starting a ranked 18 hole round in time and saving it until you want to continue testing. The rental is conserved then.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2015 1:16 PM

I'd recommend u just buy them, brilliant clubs.

Hit me up for a game and u can watch what they do.

OeJ

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2015 1:21 PM

oneeyedjohn:
    I'd recommend u just buy them, brilliant clubs.

+1

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2015 2:03 PM

Thanks guys.  I think I have good wedges.  Just want to try & improve my game.  Just don't want to buy a pig in a poke.  Ya know??  I'll play anybody any time.  Lost before & will again.  I just do to try my best.  If we aren't friends then would welcome & accept all requests.

• Stobsbee
    4,784 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2015 8:52 PM

In the past they have done rental weekends around American Holidays. So maybe we will get one for Thanksgiving at the end of November.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2015 5:48 AM

mathia14:
     I think I have good wedges.  Just want to try & improve my game.

You do, I just think the CGs are better but I am going to respectfully rescind my +1 above. I just looked at your stats and for a TM with 1500 RRs, they're pretty woeful. 71% drives, 63% GIRs, 27% sand saves, 25% scrambles and 20% 1-putts. This tells me you aren't managing the courses very well. With the equipment you already have and learning how to do that is what's going to improve your game, not throwing money at it.

If you really want to improve your game, challenge yourself by dropping the 3w and going with 4 wedges. You're at the driver/wedge stage of the game and you should be owning those courses. You don't need that 3w.

Accurate drives into fairways and accurate approaches from decent lies is what's going to improve your game. Learn how to get up and down from rough and sand by learning pitches, punches and chips. Get off the flop if that's what you're leaning on. Play smart but learn the tools you have at your disposal first.

RSS