Forums

Help › Forums

Re: oakmont monthly tournament

Mon, Jan 31 2011 10:29 AM (4 replies)
  • johnallison
    1 Posts
    Sun, Jan 30 2011 5:41 PM

just played above comp, found it really hard ended up with an 83.hard pin positions and long yardages. have played the back 9 on st andrews in 4 under so i cant be that bad.looked at the leaderboard and saw guys going round in 59 and low 60s.is it just me or am i on another planet to these guys.my average for 18 is around 72,cant believe some of the scores.suppose jealousy is a bad thing.if you are one of the guys hitting these scores how much do you charge for lessons?

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Sun, Jan 30 2011 6:57 PM

Your doing alright. Look at some of these guys stats and see how many ranked rounds they have played. Takes awhile to get good. Keep banging away.

• poulph43
    4 Posts
    Mon, Jan 31 2011 1:48 AM

Yes, it takes a while to be good. Do you know, when a player turns to tour master and legend? Where are the limits for upgrading?

poulph43

• jimbean346
    3,006 Posts
    Mon, Jan 31 2011 8:05 AM

Practice, practice, practice; learn where to attack and when to play sensible and safe just as in the real game John.

We've all been in that position of seeing those scores and wondering how they are ever possible but with time and effort, most people are able to score low (perhaps not consistently as that's what differentiates the good from the great).

• JayCollier
    68 Posts
    Mon, Jan 31 2011 10:29 AM

Some of the comments include the gem that says you need to be patient and it will come to you.  Well I am patient and it might come to me but I will not pay credits to WGT so they can give it to someone who is way out of my class.  Where are the tier tournaments so at least we are playing guys that are ranked the same.  I know there are several tourneys going on that do just that but they still insist on sticking up these one size fits all deals and it just don't fly anymore. The practice of playing all ranks for the same prize are long gone as far as I am concerned.

RSS