Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Dropped like a rock

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jan 7 2016 12:27 PM (5 replies)
  • RoysterMaClane
    15 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2016 4:40 PM

Why does a player get "removed from the group", dropped from the game and told to find another game before it even starts?

I showered today and used deodorant. I brushed my teeth and didn't use vulgar language.

I pride myself in sticking out a game and never drop out of a game I start.

So, why does WGT kick me out of a game before we even hit the 1st ball on the 1st hole?

Tell me straight, I can handle it.

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2016 11:03 AM

Hey try these steps for a smoother experience if you haven't already: 

- Trouble shooting steps and system requirements, particularly clearing the browser and Flash cache:  http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/635.aspx 

- Close other programs, browser windows and browser tabs 

- Have the wgt.com website open but minimized and not displayed 

- Play WGT in the original window size, do not maximize it to full screen

- Turn off Reflections, Flag Animation, Background Loading, Avatar rotations, and WGT Lessons in your Options

_CHAMPION

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2016 11:14 AM

RoysterMaClane:
    Why does a player get "removed from the group", dropped from the game and told to find another game before it even starts?

The guy who set up the game has apparently kicked you out for his very personal reasons.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2016 11:16 AM

If you stay as a level 92 Tour Pro you'd better get used to being removed.

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2016 11:32 AM

courteneyfish:

If you stay as a level 92 Tour Pro you'd better get used to being removed.

this ^^^^ has some truth to it...even though you have a mixture of good kit and starter kit, folks might be afraid of the sand bagging angle. 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2016 12:27 PM

alosso:
    The guy who set up the game has apparently kicked you out for his very personal reasons.

That is exactly what happened. 

Maybe he wanted weaker or stronger people to play with. You didn't say what format of play it was, probably blitz, I used to play a fair bit of stroke play against random opponents.  I never minded who I played as it was company and what I scored that mattered to me, I did get "removed" occasionally most of these, I thought, were by folk that thought I wasn't good enough to play with them.

Maybe try setting up the game and let others join. 

I'd ignore the level/tier/sandbagging stuff if I were you if people see that as a problem there's nothing# you can do about it.  A quick look at your profile shows me a player playing as well as they can with what they have.  Besides the only way to stay a level 92 tour pro is to stop playing :))

#Unless to get your average down and tier up you join a CC and play from hack tees.

Your equipment could be improved on but I'm guessing you have what you can; or are willing to, afford.

Good luck.

RSS