Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Club Tournaments

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jan 13 2016 5:56 AM (6 replies)
  • CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Wed, Jan 13 2016 4:43 AM

I received a message from a couple of members saying they cant play in some of our club tournaments , They cant see them or enter them . It might have something to do with playing the game on a tablet or mobile ? I don't know .  Could it be the course ?

Why are we not aware of this ?  Why doesn't WGT tell us what can be played and what can not , I would really like to know .

We have a help tournament every couple of weeks so we can help a member upgrade their EQ ,  The tournaments are premium so members can donate credits . I have members that want to help out but they cant !    Because they cant see the tournament or enter it  !!

WHY ? WHY ? WHY ?

• twinponds169
    3,028 Posts
    Wed, Jan 13 2016 5:03 AM

Mobile players will not see them if they involve a course or hole not available on mobile. Oakmont is one that comes to mind, and I think most of the Best Of's.

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Wed, Jan 13 2016 5:26 AM

Thank you sir , I would like to have a list of courses from WGT so I can make my tournaments playable for all members .  How many people miss out on tournaments because they cant see them ??  WOW ..    I did not know this ..

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Wed, Jan 13 2016 5:31 AM

I know of Oakmont (assuming the same old contractual limitations) and Bo4 (no known reason).

We've had the subject a few times, so the company may have the POV, "it's all said already".

You might let your mobile members tell you which courses are available to them in regular stroke play - that is the list!

• twinponds169
    3,028 Posts
    Wed, Jan 13 2016 5:35 AM

I am tournament director in my club. We keep our club fairly small with weekly house cleaning of the dead weight and dingleberries. At about 110 members, we have a half dozen or so solid members that strictly play on mobile. When I set up our yearly club championship a few weeks ago, monthly tournies leading to playoffs at the end of the year, I eliminated Oakmont and the Best Of's so that the mobile players were able to compete in it throughout the year. I did use the Best Of Par 5's as they seem able to play that one for some reason.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jan 13 2016 5:37 AM

These are the stroke courses for play on mobile platforms.

PB

KIA

SA

B OF BANDON

CCC

CBAY

BPB

OLY

RSG

PH

B OF PAR 3

B OF PAR 5

MERION

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Wed, Jan 13 2016 5:56 AM

Thank you guys so much , You guys are a lot faster than costumer service ...

Now I know ......   much appreciated !

My list of courses for tournaments just got smaller  ,,, Bummer !

RSS