Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Upgrade

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jan 28 2016 1:11 PM (4 replies)
  • NickBayley51
    1 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2016 12:21 AM

Hi my name is Nick and im from the UK.i am 54 years old and have Parkinsons Disease so i am loving ths game.Only one thing though ,it is to realistic .As the only way you can upgrade your clubs is by buying credits,it is a rich mans sport.I am ona low wage so i cant afford to compete  with the better off people who play this game.The guy down the road for examples sake is on £100k  a year can fill his bag with the best clubs.....just a minor gripe

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Thu, Jan 28 2016 9:31 AM

Another option available is to earn 'free credits'.  I, too, live in the UK, and ever since I discovered you could earn credits I haven't spent a single penny on this game....just my time.

It's not easy, it's not quick, but it IS doable if you're willing to put in the effort.

Thomas

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Thu, Jan 28 2016 9:50 AM

One thing I noticed is that you have been with WGT since 2012, and this appears to be your first post... I'm not certain if you read the threads, but one is titled the 12 days of Xmas, where many Santa's gift people with better equipment, balls, whatever. You may want to start putting your name forth during this time...there is a good chance you will receive a better club(s) to help you.

Another point is that you have all starter kit, but are using Nike balls?...these are among the most expensive brands. If you could get used to playing with cheaper balls (and there are many types to choose from), this would free up money to buy better equipment. It's not possible, for even a very skilled player, to take full advantage of the Nike's performance with the clubs you are using. The Nike balls are basically a waste of money at this time.

ct

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Thu, Jan 28 2016 1:11 PM

NickBayley51:

Hi my name is Nick and im from the UK.i am 54 years old and have Parkinsons Disease so i am loving ths game.Only one thing though ,it is to realistic .As the only way you can upgrade your clubs is by buying credits,it is a rich mans sport.I am ona low wage so i cant afford to compete  with the better off people who play this game.The guy down the road for examples sake is on £100k  a year can fill his bag with the best clubs.....just a minor gripe

Nick, dont fret about the game mate. If you using starters then use them, but CT is correct, pointless paying for those balls. Use cheap WGT ones and put the difference toward building up your clubs. 

If you wish then friend me and come and join us at SEL, lots of folks have improved here and we have plenty of tiered comps....plus you start in a division in our leagues and compete with folks at that level, who are all doing the same......improving bit by bit.

Bubbs

RSS