Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WGT reference materials for commentary

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jan 30 2016 9:30 PM (6 replies)
  • hakman123
    2,119 Posts
    Fri, Jan 29 2016 5:46 AM

I think I've finally found where that spectator commentary came from....

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Jan 29 2016 5:55 AM

Brilliant! LMAO.

• hakman123
    2,119 Posts
    Fri, Jan 29 2016 7:53 AM

Thx Paul

Personally I think kids books with Dick & Spot in the same sentence are fair game.

I look back now at kids books & cartoons and think Bigears was a pedophile, Pepe Le Pew was an out and out rapist, and there was more violence in 10 mins of The Roadrunner than all of Kill Bill 1 & 2.  Simply wouldn't be allowed today --- maybe that's what wrong with kids these days -- everything is too sanitized!

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Fri, Jan 29 2016 8:39 AM

Think of Grimm's Tales and other traditional stuff - there's a lot of threats and violence: The witch being burnt, the dwarf tearing himself in two pieces, the wolf being drowned after a belly surgery placing stones in his stomach. Later, Max&Moritz being grinded. It's o.k. to the kids like Roadrunner etc.

The only thing I disliked as a parent was Struwwelpeter, an old book full of cartoons where the uncautious or disobeying children were punished - repressive education by fear! :(

In today's cartoons, it's more of destroying the enemy by pushbutton or trigger - not my kind of world.

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Sat, Jan 30 2016 7:44 AM

alosso:

The only thing I disliked as a parent was [....]

WAIT!

You mean there are little Alosso's?

• hakman123
    2,119 Posts
    Sat, Jan 30 2016 6:44 PM

alosso:
    Struwwelpeter, an old book full of cartoons where the uncautious or disobeying children were punished

Mostly the children were not punished -- it was more like they suffered the consequences of their misbehavior.   Kick and whip the dog - the dog mauls the child.   Play with matches -- burn to death horribly.  Not exactly your peaceful bedtime stories.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Sat, Jan 30 2016 9:30 PM

petervcpt:
    You mean there are little Alosso's?

Actually, they are all bigger than me now ;)

RSS