Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Intro and a question (no offense)

rated by 0 users
Fri, Feb 26 2016 7:25 AM (24 replies)
  • perlmutter0
    4 Posts
    Mon, Feb 1 2016 5:23 PM

That would be great.  It's as if WGT doesn't acknowledge our existence yet we are subject to the same shortcomings and extreme greed as those who play on the computer.  We get less (no alternate shot, fewer courses, I'd guess more wifi drops) than you guys, but we also spend money.  I first came to the computer version because the app on my phone crashed permanently and though I log in with Google Play, it couldn't reset my password when I re-installed...had to come to this version to reset my password.  Another example of our non-existence.  Like taxation without representation. 

We (appsters) have been pushed into a new coin based format (like credits but you can only buy crappy amateur equipment and no consumables).  It's played mostly by Masters and above...but other than better competition than the old match play format, we get absolutely nothing from WGT.  It's a shame because instead of being ambassadors for the app, we are all getting increasingly jaded.  

Reading the forum and seeing all the issues, I recognize we all have more in common than we have as differences.  

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Mon, Feb 1 2016 11:42 PM

perlmutter0:

That would be great.  It's as if WGT doesn't acknowledge our existence yet we are subject to the same shortcomings and extreme greed as those who play on the computer.  We get less (no alternate shot, fewer courses, I'd guess more wifi drops) than you guys, but we also spend money.  I first came to the computer version because the app on my phone crashed permanently and though I log in with Google Play, it couldn't reset my password when I re-installed...had to come to this version to reset my password.  Another example of our non-existence.  Like taxation without representation. 

We (appsters) have been pushed into a new coin based format (like credits but you can only buy crappy amateur equipment and no consumables).  It's played mostly by Masters and above...but other than better competition than the old match play format, we get absolutely nothing from WGT.  It's a shame because instead of being ambassadors for the app, we are all getting increasingly jaded.  

Reading the forum and seeing all the issues, I recognize we all have more in common than we have as differences.  

You make some very good points. The App is still new to Wgt and is getting bigger as I type this.

With anything new, it takes time to get everything we all know on the App. Just wondering whenever they do have a full App version of the game, with everything on it...  will it start to have problems.

The App is very good.  Perfect meter is a big plus. The only bad things are, you have to play it on a big screen or it's useless.  Can't see Personnel Messages (not sure if that is in now)

-Roger

• Fencer100
    2,064 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2016 7:15 AM

pdb1:
    There hasn't been any mobile version I have seen that even comes close to the quality of PC WGT . 

I tried it once on my tablet and the phone just to see what it was really like, before I passed judgement ! 

My scientific conclusion was  ...... its crap !!

As many others have said, why play on a matchbox screen when you can use a decent size screen on a laptop or a PC monitor. There is just no comparison between the two.

Still I suppose it keeps the kiddie's happy, another option from candy crush and stuff like that

• patrickmar
    245 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2016 7:25 AM

perlmutter0:

Hi, just joined the forums.  Like a lot of other people, I only play on my phone.  Curious why the forums don't seem to recognize that the game is played by many on phones and tablets.  And...if you check it out you'll see that it's in amazing HD....unlike the fuzzy, choppy computer based format that seems to be the only version ever discussed here.

No offense, but whenever I look to these forums to learn something feel like I've stepped into a time machine and have landed in 2007.  What gives?

I don't know what type of pc you have but a cheap walmart computer has better graphics then a phone and that is just the on board video from the processor. a Phone can even touch the cheapest graphics card on the market. here's what i run I7 4790k (never overclocked it) g force gtx 980 2.0 superclocked (still use factory clock. so i have the power but don't need it. 

you need to run a flash bench mark test on your computer just to see what your computer will handle as far as your graphics. i pass all test with 60fps and on heavy 30fps only need 25fps to pass test.

andyson posted this 9-1-15 to see just how well your computer will run flash based games link is below

Flash Benchmark Test site 

RSS