Forums

Help › Forums

Intro and a question (no offense)

rated by 0 users
Fri, Feb 26 2016 7:25 AM (24 replies)
  • perlmutter0
    4 Posts
    Sun, Jan 31 2016 1:38 PM

Hi, just joined the forums.  Like a lot of other people, I only play on my phone.  Curious why the forums don't seem to recognize that the game is played by many on phones and tablets.  And...if you check it out you'll see that it's in amazing HD....unlike the fuzzy, choppy computer based format that seems to be the only version ever discussed here.

No offense, but whenever I look to these forums to learn something feel like I've stepped into a time machine and have landed in 2007.  What gives?

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sun, Jan 31 2016 7:40 PM

perlmutter0:

No offense, but whenever I look to these forums to learn something feel like I've stepped into a time machine and have landed in 2007.  What gives?

In what respect? Just ask any question and it will be answered.

• borntobesting
    9,679 Posts
    Sun, Jan 31 2016 7:54 PM

If it  is fuzzy and chopped on your PC then you have a problem with your vudeo card. Unless you are using WGT's crappy full screen. Use your browser full screen and see the difference.

• Robert1893
    7,711 Posts
    Sun, Jan 31 2016 8:32 PM

perlmutter0:

No offense taken. And I mean no offense either, but what in the world are you referring to? As an aside, I play exclusively on my iPad.  

• alosso
    21,054 Posts
    Sun, Jan 31 2016 9:48 PM

perlmutter0:
    whenever I look to these forums to learn something feel like I've stepped into a time machine and have landed in 2007.  What gives?

The game on Mobile is quite young, so for the longest time, PC users have been the only ppl here.

Furthermore, the forum isn't integrated in the mobile app, it's rather separate in a browser. On the contrary, the PC main and game pages in browser, using Flash, are well interlinked.

• twinponds169
    3,028 Posts
    Sun, Jan 31 2016 10:08 PM

I play on a 27 inch hi def monitor and have a great crystal clear and smooth view of everything WGT, as I kick back in my recliner with my drinking hand free. I have smart phones and tablets and also no desire to tie up both my hands squinting at a Nintendo screen. I'm also not inclined to have to gather coins in order to play Mario and Luigi in an alt shot.

• PhiEaglesFan
    617 Posts
    Mon, Feb 1 2016 12:26 AM

perlmutter0:
    Curious why the forums don't seem to recognize that the game is played by many on phones and tablets.

We didn't have phones or tablets on this game for close to 7 years.  Not everyone has (or wants) an electronic photo leash.

The game is in HD on PC and if you're comfortable on the PC why would you change. 

Don't force me to use your new-fangled whippersnapper machines.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Mon, Feb 1 2016 12:45 AM

Yeah OP, i sometimes look at the rows of folk sitting outside department stores, or on public transport, staring at those little matchboxes and think "ooooo i bet they playing WGT". Then i think, how on earth can they enjoy that so come to the conclusion they playing candy crush.

What do you watch TV on, a 52" toshiba widescreen or a Decca portable.

Stop scratching it Sir, it will bleed 

• alosso
    21,054 Posts
    Mon, Feb 1 2016 12:51 AM

PhiEaglesFan:
    Don't force me to use your new-fangled whippersnapper machines.

Some incidents point in this direction :(   See the newest workaround proposal which unnecessarily includes the mobile app. The message is:

You need the app to continue to play!

• ScottHope
    10,325 Posts
    Mon, Feb 1 2016 1:14 AM
     perlmutter0 :
    Visually, I would agree with you, this forum is very outdated. C'mon WGT, widescreen is commonplace nowadays...

RSS