Forums

Help › Forums

Re: ANYONE ELSE NOTICE ?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jan 31 2016 6:47 PM (5 replies)
  • DigitalDeath
    23 Posts
    Sun, Jan 31 2016 4:26 PM

for the past 2 or 3 months ive started to notice a lot of players who play great until they get on the green. i mean they play like Tiger Woods did back in 2000, every shot perfect, just short of the ruff, great angle for next shot, ect... then they 3 putt from within 15 foot. I mean its almost like they was reading a book or something on how to hit the ball, but then the chapter on how to putt is missing, so they are on their own after they get on the green. can anyone comment on their own thoughts about this? maybe know a reason why this happens? maybe even seen it themself personally? its just something i noticed.

• DigitalDeath
    23 Posts
    Sun, Jan 31 2016 5:08 PM

I think ill call it ,"charters putter syndrome".

• SKrietz
    835 Posts
    Sun, Jan 31 2016 5:12 PM

the thing is hitting approaches is the easy part putting is an art that takes a lot to master.

even i at times 3 putt not hard to do.

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Sun, Jan 31 2016 5:49 PM

Most of the top players aren't routinely bombing it in from 15-20 ft...They are simply good enough on approach to leave a reasonable putt. I agree with the previous poster, putting is the hardest thing to master, even for the best players...think about it, miss a drive, iron or wedge by an inch, no problem...miss a putt by an inch and it costs a stroke.

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Sun, Jan 31 2016 5:55 PM

"Drive for show, putt for dough" is equally applicable here as it is IRL.

• DigitalDeath
    23 Posts
    Sun, Jan 31 2016 6:47 PM

im nowhere near a top player. i have good and bad days, mostly bad. i play how wgt tells me my clubs (i do have good clubs) will go, i look at at wind, i look at elevation. i hit it. i used putter pal & shot pal, my CC gets them for free in perks, so i use them. i just feel like everyone i've played lately uses charts or some other form of it to know the exact yardages. i don't play a whole lot, but i do play fair.

RSS