Forums

Help › Forums

Re: CONSTANT DISCONNECTIONS

rated by 0 users
Thu, Mar 10 2016 11:53 AM (6 replies)
  • CoreySlade
    9 Posts
    Mon, Mar 7 2016 11:33 PM

Now i have a very fast internet and a very fast computer speed , but over the last week when i play the game, i buy or use my free a CC pass i get disconnections and game freezes and it takes me sometime well over 3 hours just to play 9 holes. I know alot of people have said something  about this before but WGT admin and / game server techs please do something about this as it is now beyond a joke, I know i'm not the only person but i spend my hard earned money on this game and even though if i do buy a CC pass it's 37 credits but over 10 games thats $3 usd for nothing.... please up[grade your servers as they probally can't handle everything the game has to offer

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Mar 8 2016 10:39 AM

One suggestion would be to stop wasting credits on the passes.   Especially if you aren't getting your daily bonus xp's that round  or playing in one of the silly clashes.

By my count, you bought 32 club passes in March alone and that was during no Clash event.   I'm surprised a certain CC hasn't tried to recruit you yet.  ;-)

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Mar 8 2016 11:23 AM

I totally agree with hpurey - stop wasting your money on credits. Your CC is Level 18 - there are NO benefits at this point (a good idea poorly thought through.....but that is WGT). Use the free passes as you can.

Disconnections are an issue, but one way to improve this is close your game client after every 9 holes, clear your flash cache and browser cookies - this will eliminate the "memory leak crash".

I also seldom use a CC Pass if in a multi player game as invariably someone will crash killing a game, but again, it is no big deal as the pass is worthless to the club. 

This game unfortunately requires player workarounds, without them, it is frustrating.

• alosso
    21,054 Posts
    Tue, Mar 8 2016 12:19 PM

CoreySlade:
    WGT admin and / game server techs please do something about this as it is now beyond a joke,

I'm afraid to say that they won't change a bit, so you might decide to be the change.

Reconsider the reasons why you play for CC XPs,

reconsider why you pay for CC passes.

Concerning this, I'd agree to this snippet

CoreySlade:
    for nothing..

• PhiEaglesFan
    617 Posts
    Tue, Mar 8 2016 4:47 PM

If you ever start a band I think you should go with the thread title.

Constant Disconnections has a nice ring to it.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Thu, Mar 10 2016 11:37 AM

CoreySlade:

Now i have a very fast internet and a very fast computer speed  . . .

That actually has little if anything to do with lost connections and game freezes.

Make sure your computer isn't cluttered up with boatloads of temporary Internet and other common junk files and that your computer's registry is clean.

You want t a minimum number of other applications running in the background when you play WGT.

Lots of WGT players using average or worse but well maintained computers play multiplayer WGT games everyday with little, if any, trouble.

That lots of WGT players don't suffer disconnects and 3 hour 9 hole games is a pretty strong indication that your issues are not likely at WGT.

CoreySlade:
    and even though if i do buy a CC pass it's 37 credits but over 10 games thats $3 usd for nothing

Though disconnects don't happen to me very often - even though I use and old, slow, buy scrupulously maintained  computer - it does sometimes happen to players that have joined a game I have created. In those circumstances I'm sometimes not given the option to finish a game when I try to recover from the other players issue and finish. It's been so long ago I can't remember the last time I did have a disconnection that I was not able to recover and finish the game.

At any rate, when I can't finish a game I just send WGT Customer Support a polite message with the details and they replace my lost CC Pass and reimburse me for having bought a CC Pass so I could get my Consecutive Day Bonus for me and my CC.

By the way - whenever a player has joined a game I created has disconnect, screen freeze, etc issues and is able to recover so we can continue I usually ask if they right clicked on the screen and sent WGT a trouble Report.

Most say no they didn't, and a surprising number have no clue WTF I am taking about when i mention sending WGT a Trouble Report.

Have you ever sent WGT a Trouble Report?

By the Way - you are at one end of a very long cable that has several connections between your computer & WGT's servers.

• SPINO1
    5,394 Posts
    Thu, Mar 10 2016 11:53 AM

Do not waste money on passes , you will have little benefit from them... If you feel the need to spend credits, just send me a slv of lvl 33 callys every 8 days...

regards

Stu.

RSS