Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Brand New

rated by 0 users
Fri, Feb 18 2011 4:44 PM (4 replies)
  • EchozZz
    2 Posts
    Fri, Feb 18 2011 1:51 PM

Hey guys, I was just curious to see if there was anyone that would be willing to share any tips, tricks, Maybe explain how I get credits, get new things, etc...Just any kind of shortcut that may help me to avoid learning the hard way.

I would REALLY like to get some new balls, Not being able to use spin when getting on the green is become quite annoying.

I appreciate your time, Thank you.                    

Ryan

• superchuck
    210 Posts
    Fri, Feb 18 2011 2:45 PM

Get a prepaid visa card (not your personal card). Drop about 20 dollars in it and buy some balls. Or you can take the surveys (if you qualify for one, that is a crapshoot)

To get better you will also probably need a decent putter and driver. TourSD balls are good for distance and spin,,they lack in durability though.

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Fri, Feb 18 2011 3:54 PM

If you want my opinion I would say to learn the hard way. For people that are new to this game it's my opinion that you should learn the courses using your starter clubs and balls in the beginning. Then once you reach the Pro tier or even the Tour Pro tier, go and purchase some new clubs and balls. Your experience using the starter clubs on the 4 courses will help you tremendously once you purchase better clubs. But if you can't wait that long then you can take the advice of "superchuck". Surveys are a  good way to get credits. And or a pre-paid visa card would get the job done as well. Some GI-SD balls are great and a few Taylor Made wedges would get the job done with sticking to the green. Just my opinion though. Good luck to ya.

• cjfelton
    79 Posts
    Fri, Feb 18 2011 4:13 PM

All of the above and pour over the forums.  There is a wealth of information on everything - courses, equipment, shot making, putting, conditions, etc.  Then go practice and see what works for you.  There are lots of different approaches to playing this game well, and you will develop yours over time.  Also, get in some multi-player matches with better players and watch what they do and ask questions.  The vast majority of the players here will be willing to help.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Fri, Feb 18 2011 4:44 PM

There are no short cuts.  The guys that are really good have four things in common...they have been here a long time, learned how to play the game, use the best equipment and "waste a lot of time" (smile).  Don't expect to join them unless you are willing to do all four...and it doesn't hurt to have a little talent.  But you can have fun here, even if you can't do any of that. 

For more information, check out the Getting Started and FAQs over there----> 

Joey

*The quote was from one of our best players.

RSS