Help › Forums

Re: New Player - Australia

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 28 2016 8:23 AM (3 replies)
  • joshcore
    27 Posts
    Sun, Mar 20 2016 12:48 AM

Hello everyone,

Came across the WGT today - what a cool idea! I'm going to have fun here!

Fairly active on forums and would like to find a community (and country club) and have a blast.

Looks like I should hold off buying new clubs/balls until about level 25-30, otherwise I will outgrow them too quick and waste my money.

What other tips can the veterans provide?

Many Thanks,

Josh

• roozilla
    630 Posts
    Sun, Mar 20 2016 9:16 PM

don't eat yellow snow

check our club forum

russ

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Mar 20 2016 11:33 PM

Personally I would hold off buying clubs to late level 40's or even 50's. 

Clubs bought sooner will nor last as you tier up....so learn the game and have fun, it does not take long to get there. Of course if you have money.......join the gravy train and you will score better.

Secondly learn all the shots....and you are half way there. Do not be shy to ask for advice or play with better players....be like a sponge and learn.

• AussieMick11
    1,275 Posts
    Mon, Mar 28 2016 8:23 AM

G'day Josh,

Welcome to WGT! Definitely follow the advice of alanti, some wise words there for sure.

When I first started I found that learning how far each club carries was invaluable information, and I recommend watching videos of the top players in action that they post on their profiles. A LOT can be learned from them. I'd also recommend taking notes on your play which will help you master the courses on all shots, but especially on and around the greens. As far as equipment goes, in my humble opinion the ball is the single most important piece; what a difference it can make on all shots. But, to me, the most important thing is to enjoy yourself. Find a good country club, meet some new people, and have fun mate :)

Cheers,

~Mick

RSS