Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Any Validity to CC XPs Divided by Total Rounds?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Mar 24 2016 12:15 PM (4 replies)
  • wizzkid32
    154 Posts
    Tue, Mar 22 2016 12:56 PM

WGT Community, I'm trying to figure out if CC XPs divided by Total Rounds is a valid metric to measure a CC's per round contribution.  So for my CC we currently have 2,481,058 XPs and I guess we earned that via our members playing 8,589 Total Rounds.  Doing the math that yields 288.86 XPs per round.  Can this result be used to analyze our CC Pass usage?

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Thu, Mar 24 2016 10:54 AM

Solarflares is correct. One example preventing that from being a valid metric is the consecutive days bonus contributed to the club from non-round single holes played by members.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Thu, Mar 24 2016 11:12 AM

Why would you need to know, and what would be your conclusions?

I see a small CC at level 8, and me thinks that you have everything from the
    CC Passes and Levels system that you need now: Plenty of member spaces,
    plenty of tournaments, plenty of Directors (which CCs don't need at all), and the only advantages of this system worth any credits: The Shot and Putter Pals.

For the next item at the next CC level, you'll have to more than double your XPs.
    And, what will it bring?
    Nothing of real worth to your community, I'd guess! This ride may overly frustrate all of you.

To follow the CC XP contributions, you might want to save and compare the member lists, or look at the leaderboard in the CC area of the game client. But again: Why would you need to know, and what would be your conclusions? Is a member stacking CC XPs a good member?

Counting the passes will only have a benefit for the company, as it promotes unnecessary credit spending.

IMHO, you have liberated yourself from this rat race and from the need to use CC passes. Tell your mates NOT to buy any more CC passes, then relax, have fun with them - this will keep them active, and from this activity the CC will live and grow.

Good luck!

• hakman123
    2,119 Posts
    Thu, Mar 24 2016 12:15 PM

I agree that from a mathematical point of view - the concept is rubbish.

Think about these 4 issues which kill it.

1. Passes and Club XP is only a recent addition, and Ranked Rounds have been counted since WGT started.  Are you going to berate Lily for only having 69 XP per round?  It is ridiculous.

2. Members joining your club at first have 0 XP contributions, but bring with them their count of prior rounds played. Unless you are signing players up with 0 rounds?  The prior RRs could be anything from 0 to thousands.

3. How long have they been a member? If I joined your club - with around 2000 rounds played, and then after a week you checked my XP per round - and found I had earned 10,000 XP with around 2,000 rounds --- my score of 10 XP per rounds looks bad. But I earned over 1,400 XP per day which is very healthy.

4. Rounds played per day. If a player plays about 1 round per day, it would be reasonable to expect them to use the pass for their 1 round. If they do that - they will have a much higher XP contribution per round played than a member playing 10 rounds per day and using a pass on 1 of those rounds.

If you really wanted something like this - You would be far better off tracking Club XP on a weekly basis ( easily done by cutting & pasting your entire member list & stats from the club page into Excel ) and tracking the weekly contributions of players. Players using the passes effectively will be contributing CDP plus their round XP, which should be over 1000 XP per day. Without the CDP it might be only a 100 - 200 per day.  Poor use of the pass and infrequent play will see well under 100 XP contributed to the club per day.

But I would endorse the opinions posted above --- there are many much more important factors than XP contribution. Do they participate in the club tournaments, play match-play etc...    or maybe support the club by doing something for the club?

Happy Hacking

Neil (The Hakman)

RSS