Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Virtual Duffer Drops By...

rated by 0 users
Sun, Mar 27 2016 8:19 PM (8 replies)
  • DystopianProphet
    3 Posts
    Sun, Mar 27 2016 11:22 AM

So, I've never played real golf outside of a Putt-Putt. I am a huge fan of golf games, going all the way back to the genre-inventing Mario Golf for N64. Even this game, decades later, appears to be built on the same fundamental skeleton.

This game could be soooo great. Could be. But it's not even as reliable as a cartridge game from Clinton's first term. Constant freezes, memory issues, and outrageously common connection  problems make this look like a high-resolution (clustergrope).

And on top of that, it's insatiably greedy. One would have to refer to entire infamous gov't administrations or the Mob for adequate comparison. It's shameless and tawdry. I'm not asking for a lot, I would happily spend real cash for this game. I have for many, many others.

But this one just ain't worth a damn, because it doesn't work. It's broken. Who buys broken games? Especially broken games that keep hitting you up for money like a bum on the street? 

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Mar 27 2016 1:54 PM

DystopianProphet:
    I am a huge fan of golf games, going all the way back to the genre-inventing Mario Golf for N64.

What a pile of shite. I was playing golf games more than a decade before Nintendo 64's were on the market.

The rest of your post is equally stupid. 

Your 1st post in the forum goes into the 'swing and a miss' category but thanks for playing anyway.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Mar 27 2016 2:29 PM

DystopianProphet:
    So, I've never played real golf outside of a Putt-Putt.

Then you will never understand this game. This isn't anything like you've played in the past and does not cater to gamers. Gamers do well but they're also the loudest complainers. Real golfers know how it works.  :-)

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Sun, Mar 27 2016 2:37 PM

DystopianProphet

"And on top of that, it's insatiably greedy.  One would have to refer to entire infamous gov't administrations or the Mob for adequate comparison. It's shameless and tawdry. I'm not asking for a lot, I would happily spend real cash for this game. I have for many, many others."

Insatiably greedy? Shameless and Tawdry?...Your only upgrade is a $2 driver...lmao.  

....cool golf name, but stop sounding like an idiot.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sun, Mar 27 2016 3:43 PM

Sooooooo, basically your saying that in the 2 weeks you have been here you have figured out that not only is this game much tougher than the others you play, it will require much more work to master than your willing to put out, or can afford!

Therefore your going to whine a bit before you go back to playing "virtual putt putt" so you can feel better about being a quitter!

I fully understand, good luck to ya!

• DystopianProphet
    3 Posts
    Sun, Mar 27 2016 4:36 PM

such love for a new guy. I notice none of you will touch the part about the game being broken. Lots of elitist puffery, little else.

Thanks for showing me what the forums are made of. 

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Sun, Mar 27 2016 6:25 PM

DystopianProphet:

such love for a new guy. I notice none of you will touch the part about the game being broken. Lots of elitist puffery, little else.

Thanks for showing me what the forums are made of. 

elitist puffery?...you just compared wgt to the Mafia and the Government (we can debate which is worse)...you've been on this site less than a month and have spent all of two bucks, yet you eschew how greedy and tawdry it is?

I said you have a cool golf name...I didn't say you have to live up to it.

The site has its issues, no question..but get some street cred before you openly slag it, and the people who post in this forum...else you'll look like a petulant child at the adult table.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Mar 27 2016 7:05 PM

DystopianProphet:
    I notice none of you will touch the part about the game being broken

That's because it isn't. 

• DystopianProphet
    3 Posts
    Sun, Mar 27 2016 8:19 PM

well yeah; I harshly criticize the game, and get ad hominems in return. I didn't insult anyone personally. 

Like I said, who spends money on a broken game? Two weeks is an adequate test drive. I'm not complaining that the game is hard. I'm not even complaining about the freemium format. Not at all.

When the game freezes multiple times per match, there's a problem.  That's not on my end. It also doesn't matter how long I've played the game or how much I spent/didn't spend. It's a fundamental objective of the game supplier.

RSS