Help › Forums

Re: Mouse won't click in game play.....

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 1 2016 9:08 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Romax
    1,876 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2016 9:24 PM

I am doing this for a friend who is having problems with an issue during game where mouse is dead on clicking anything. I'm not sure of all the details, but a different mouse acts the same.Any ideas from the computer savvy here ??

More info to follow when Jhunx sees this and responds.   Thx.    

• Wontonamo
    2,269 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2016 9:43 PM

ive been suffering the same thing here for the last month or 2 - only thing I can do is reload the browser and continue playing.

some games I do that a few times , some games I have to do it every hole.

just another workaround.

not good for multiplayer games at all.

• Romax
    1,876 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2016 9:58 PM

That sounds exactly what Alana is suffering too... Not a huge issue when playing alone although still a PITA, but pretty much deadly in MP games. Maybe some helpers will show up with some answers and advice.    Cya       R

• tjune2016
    588 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2016 4:05 AM

Have they tried a wireless remote also?? might help.

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2016 4:21 AM

Is it an USB mouse? You said he tried a different mouse but did he think to try a different USB port? Or does he have something else plugged into an adjacent USB port? Sometimes if I have one of my MP3 players plugged into an adjacent USB port my mouse acts erratic.

• garyk49
    2,329 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2016 5:30 AM

As BTB said, could be a bad usb port, try a different one.  Try an old ps2 mouse and see if that works.  Uninstall the mouse and let computer reinstall it.  Using either MS driver or driver with the mouse.  If wireless, does he have anything else wireless.  Could be a conflict. (I have another computer behind me, both are using wireless Logitech mice and no conflicts, but you never know).  Think of anything else that was done before the problem started.  Bad software install/uninstall could have removed mouse driver.  Or try a restore point back before the problem started.

• Romax
    1,876 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2016 3:44 PM

Ok ... thanks for the help.Like I said, I don't know all the details, and the post was to try and help a friend who is frustrated by all this. Thanks again.

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2016 5:00 PM

Romax:

Ok ... thanks for the help. Like I said, I don't know all the details, and the post was to try and help a friend who is frustrated by all this. Thanks again.

And once again, it's the "forum rats" who come through...I am proud to be referred to as a member of this fine group.:)

..we should form a union.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2016 9:02 PM

On wireless mice, the batteries are regular suspects.

• jhunx2
    939 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2016 9:08 PM

Hi All.

Thanks for all the info, I tried all the ports, never tried wireless. Tried other browsers also.

Tried system restore also.

I was using the latest Maxthon, and have switched to the older Maxthon3, and it seems to have cured it. I hope this will help someone else.

Thank you Ross, and Everyone for your help. :))

A.

• PAGES
RSS