Forums

Help › Forums

Re: My anniversary gift to WGT

Wed, Jun 8 2016 10:15 AM (7 replies)
  • srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Mon, Jun 6 2016 6:16 PM

Thursday will mark my 9th anniversary as a WGT member (June 09, 2007). In past years I have gifted equipment to other members as my own anniversary gift to myself. This year I decided to give a gift to WGT instead. So, WGT, here's your gift:

Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter

Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning. ~ Bill Gates

Spend a lot of time talking to customers face to face. You’d be amazed how many companies don’t listen to their customers. ~Ross Perot

The more you engage with customers the clearer things become and the easier it is to determine what you should be doing. ~ John Russell

Every contact we have with a customer influences whether or not they’ll come back. We have to be great every time or we’ll lose them. ~ Kevin Stirtz

The customer’s perception is your reality. ~ Kate Zabriskie

Statistics suggest that when customers complain, business owners and managers ought to get excited about it. The complaining customer represents a huge opportunity for more business. ~ Zig Ziglar

WGT, you have a long way to go but following the lessons available in the above quotes will take you a lot further than your current course.

Happy Anniversary!

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Mon, Jun 6 2016 6:43 PM

Happy anniversary. Your post ^^^ was very creative. While these successful entrepreneurs have waxed wise, a major assumption is they all have competition nipping at their heels ...forcing them to work harder and adapt. 

We saw what happened to Blackberry when that company rested on its' laurels...

WGT is effectively a monopoly. People say there are competitive websites available, but I have not found any; and those who say it are still here, or have returned.

Until that day comes, WGT will continue to tinker on the fringes...and put as little real money or time into improving this site as they can..they know, and we know, they are the only game in town.

Great post though.

ct

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Mon, Jun 6 2016 8:45 PM

ct690911:
    WGT is effectively a monopoly.

The Golden Bear hasn't put his money and his name on this golf sim ;-)

WGT has it's loyal customer base, it's millions of restarts. and it's thousands of cheats, so it will survive and endure.

But it fails miserably in integrity, honesty, functionality (the UEL's come to mind) as a "customer comes first" company. 

It's all about quantity, not quality here. Think Clash.

ct690911:
    those who say it are still here, or have returned.

True. I'm one of "those".

My play has slacked off by 90% in the last few months. I used to wake up, and log on before my 1st sip of coffee, and play until my hands/fingers started cramping. Now, most days, I dread logging on. I try to play the weekly WGT tourneys all on Monday, and my CC's tourneys as they come out. And I rush through most of them just to get it over with. 

The thrill is gone. 

If TG/WGT would take just one of the OP's quote's advice, it would be a miracle!!!! 

9 years!!! A real WTG OG :-) Congrats, I think ;-)

• WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Tue, Jun 7 2016 1:39 AM

srellim234:
    Thursday will mark my 9th anniversary as a WGT member (June 09, 2007)

Happy(?) Anniversary.

As pertinent as your post is I fear it's probably those same 9 years too late.

Game for me now is purely and simply an addiction. One I'd love to kick but have thus far failed miserably to do so. My ultimate high probably came about 2 years ago. Best I can hope for now is the once-a-round decent shot.

Like Jay stated I used to so look forward to my daily wgt 'fix'. Now it's more a feeling of "oh well, here we go s'pose... yawwwwn".

In the past I'd bore real life friends to tears urging them to sign up for this  - wouldn't even consider recommending it now.

Even the forums are dying a sloooo painful death. Monday to Friday is now just as quiet as the weekends used to be.

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Wed, Jun 8 2016 4:47 AM

WigerToods2010:
    Even the forums are dying a sloooo painful death.

Only if we let 'em, Johnny,

photo mooseFdancing_20animated1.gif

Only if we let 'em.  Happy Anniversary srellim234.

Doc :)

• craigswan
    31,554 Posts
    Wed, Jun 8 2016 6:43 AM

A Golfing couple are staying at a hotel and meet a Martian couple and began talking about
    all sorts of things. Finally, the subject of sex came up.

"Just how do you do it?" asked the man golfer.

"Pretty much the way you do it" responded the Martian.

A discussion ensues and finally the couples decide to swap partners for
    the night and experience one another. The female golfer and the male
    Martian go off to a bedroom where the Martian strips. He's got only a
    teeny, weeny member; very short and very narrow.

"What can you do with THAT!?" exclaims the woman, looking shocked.

"Why?" he asked, "What's the matter?"

"Well," she replied, "it's nowhere near long enough. It'll never reach!"

"No problem," he said, "All you need to do is gently slap my forehead to make it grow longer until you are happy with the length."

So she slapped his forehead a few times, and watched his member grow until it was quite
    impressively long, and she was getting quite excited. "Well," she said. "That's quite impressive, but it's still pretty narrow."

"No problem," he said again, "just pull my ears and it will gradually grow wider." So with each pull his member grew wider and wider until the entire measurement was
    even more exciting to the woman.

"Wow!" she exclaimed as they fell into bed and made mad, passionate
    love. The next day the couples rejoined their normal partners and went
    off together.

As they had breakfast the male golfer said to his wife, "Well, was it any good?"

"I hate to say it," she said, "but it was really wonderful. How about you?"

"Well," he said, "I had a horrible night. I am black and blue. All she kept doing all night was slapping me on the forehead and pulling my ears."

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Wed, Jun 8 2016 10:15 AM

Congrats srellim on 9 years and still having some form of sanity . June 11 I will be celebrating my 5 years here as well .Although I have made friends and to some point yes I still enjoy the game as well . But the game is still lacking when it comes to quality and performance . I have always felt that this game is the goose that lays the golden egg and could be as great as Halo or Grand Theft Auto .

The only problem this game has is poor management . There are issues now that are over 2 years old and still not resolved . Costomer complaints have no value with WGT which is what is hurting the game . All of the above quotes are some of the most important lessons learned in business . Most if not all are also taught in business courses due to the fact that the most important part of business is not the product but the customer .

WGT still has not come to that bridge yet which is why they had to sell the company .Hopefully Top Golf will be a better leader and address the issues with the game and if not then we will eventually will be doomed .

RSS