Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Mr. Meeseeks, I would like to take two strokes off my golf game.

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jun 19 2016 2:14 PM (6 replies)
  • MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Sat, Jun 18 2016 12:22 PM

Ooh Yeah! Can do! 

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Sun, Jun 19 2016 8:34 AM

I checked your bag and what you currently have seems good. I also have good kit, but it sure didn't take two strokes off my game...generally that requires some modicum of talent, and they don't sell that in the pro shop..lol

Better clubs do, however, make for more enjoyable games. At least when I'm playing alternate, I can hold my own so as not to be too big a burden on my partner.

ct

ps: Flares is correct when he mentions meter speed. That is my nemesis and I always make sure that I can handle the speed before purchasing.

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Sun, Jun 19 2016 9:21 AM

ct690911:

I always make sure that I can handle the speed before purchasing.

Never have been able to handle speed.

Just sayin'

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Sun, Jun 19 2016 11:18 AM

This is where your game needs to improve then :

G.I.R. 72.34%   Avg, Dist. to Pin 16ft .

You need to work on better club and shot selection . You just cant grip it and rip it every shot you have to learn your clubs and which shots will be the most effective depending on wind course and green speeds as well . Also work on course management . You have to learn how to take a course apart hole by hole one shot at a time .

Wedges learn them as well as the proper shots for around the green as well as for approach shots . Learn how to hit the flop shot with all of your wedges as its one of the most important shots you will need to know .

Sometimes the best way to attack the pin will be from a lay up shot instead of trying to go in hard with a long iron or 3 wood . Learn your wedges and you wll be able to get closer to the pin which will make for easier putts . 11ft. is closer than 16ft. all day long .

You also have to learn from which angle to attack the pin as straight on is not a;ways the best way  Left side right side or go long  will be your options and they vary based on pin placement .

Once you get all of that down then you are ready to clear the last and most important part of the game , putting . Learning how to read breaks and putt . This why you need to know how to attack the pin and from which angle . distance elevation green speed and break will be the final lessons you need to learn .

All of the above will come from practice practice and more practice. You have to put your time in but if you do you can and will knock 2 strokes off of your game ..

• TopShelf2010
    10,899 Posts
    Sun, Jun 19 2016 1:52 PM

• MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Sun, Jun 19 2016 2:14 PM

Oh WGT 

RSS