Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Strike Zone

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jun 20 2016 12:39 PM (8 replies)
  • txzdave
    1,316 Posts
    Mon, Jun 20 2016 1:28 AM

Nothin' cryptic. I am very impressed by the US OPEN winner.

When an official rules on it is it not a ruling?

Dustin Johnson should be the one saying this.....He didn't have to fortunately.

USGA took a mulligan?

Can you imagine being able to say what you really think without saying what you really think?

He did it and his peers will always respect him for it.

I kinda think that the USGA has the idea that robots should dictate replays like the strike zone in MLB might take strikes and balls outta baseball. Close up camera shots.......Ethics.......That's why Golf is the most Ethical of all. You have an umpire in Baseball. You have officials walking every hole with players.

I think the powers that be in the USGA should apologize to the official first (behind closed doors) and to DJ next with said official in person (behind closed doors)

If you can't trust appointed and knowledgeable shot callers......Why appoint officials?

Why say I take your word for it when it's an empty word?

I'm glad DJ got that done in style.

~txzdave~

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Jun 20 2016 5:36 AM

txzdave:
        I kinda think that the USGA has the idea that robots should dictate

• Nicole161106
    281 Posts
    Mon, Jun 20 2016 6:12 AM

Sorry for hijacking this thread but i had to choose one. (how do you start a thread?)

I am trying to play the weekly ul tourney and it says load manager error, flush cache, i ran ccleaner and cleared history in chrome and maxthon, still the same.

I have checked over on the right for both answers but came up with nothing.

TIA

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Jun 20 2016 6:26 AM

Nicole161106:
    I am trying to play the weekly ul tourney and it says load manager error, flush cache, i ran ccleaner and cleared history in chrome and maxthon, still the same.

You didn't mention clearing flash caché.

Maxthon - right click over 'play now' area (or on gameclient page) -

Global settings > delete all > delete data. Job done.

• Nicole161106
    281 Posts
    Mon, Jun 20 2016 6:42 AM

Hi, thanks Paul, tried that, still the same, how do I start a thread?

Checked on the right and can't see how, thanks.

• ScottHope
    10,352 Posts
    Mon, Jun 20 2016 6:46 AM

@Nicole,

Create a new thread.

(Sorry Paul, didn't mean to step on your toes, was composing this before Nicole posted her reply above.)  ; )

• Nicole161106
    281 Posts
    Mon, Jun 20 2016 7:14 AM

Cheers Scott, been here over 5 years and had no idea how to start a thread, despite looking at the faq,s.

Managed to start one.

Hopefully there will be a simple answer to the problem.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Jun 20 2016 8:42 AM

txzdave:

When an official rules on it is it not a ruling?

Dustin Johnson should be the one saying this.....He didn't have to fortunately.

USGA took a mulligan?

IMO.... If players can't trust an on-course ruling, why have on-course officials then?  If a player says I didn't move the ball, why is he guilty until proven innocent?  You know in other sports where replays are used there must be conclusive evidence to overturn the on field ruling.

• txzdave
    1,316 Posts
    Mon, Jun 20 2016 12:39 PM

'twas odd how it was handled......That being said, I think the best player did win and I hope the USGA has some red cards to help our football team.

(soccer for anyone north of San Ysidro) 

I like Paul's hooligan official.....No slow play with that cat on the clockwork orange.

~txz~

RSS