Help › Forums

Re: Anybody else's sound messed up?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 21 2016 11:04 AM (4 replies)
  • TryPants
    251 Posts
    Tue, Jun 21 2016 6:00 AM

Mine is.

As in.. on the WGT website pages.. too loud (i.e. running cursor over Friend's List, Play Now, et al).

Option.. turn down volume on pc/system.

Playing window/in-game.. (always been) too loud. I always scrambled to get the volume turned down from the default setting when the playing window would open so I didn't blow my eardrums

Ok, bit of an exaggeration in the above.. however, the point remains.. volume at default setting was always and was/is too loud. 'A jarring intro'.. might be a fitting phrase.

But, a new twist as of late and since the last Flash update. Can't seem to adjust volume.. at all. Up/down.. regardless.. it's.. too.. loud. With my only option to mute.

So.. anybody else? Or.. is it just me and my rig?

• TryPants
    251 Posts
    Wed, Jul 20 2016 5:37 PM

Right.. seems as though the recent Flash update from yesterday (at least for me) has resolved the problem.

I can now play with sound on and not have to fiddle around with my pc's volume.

Yay! Happy days!

...  ...

Well.. happy days, that is until..

i) The next updates

ii) A putt for eagle that looks to go right.. goes dead straight

iii) Winds clocking at 15 -17 mph act like Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Wind Scale Category 3 winds.. and and..

:D

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Wed, Jul 20 2016 6:15 PM

@OP

I am a self professed computer illiterate. Is a flash update the same thing as the wgt scheduled downtime yesterday?..If so, it apparently didn't take place as per a post by Icon.

How illiterate you may ask?...I have read so much about cheat engines on here, that I tried to download one to see what the fuss was about. Instructions were in Japanese...an hour later with google translate, found out I had actually downloaded a sushi recipe?...

^^^ joke Mods.

...but, if you want a good sushi recipe let me know..:)

ct

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Thu, Jul 21 2016 10:15 AM

@ct no flash update is for your adobe flash player . This is now either done by your browser which may come attached with a version of flash player .Or it may done directly by adobe unless you stop it from doing so .

@OP you do know that you can go into your game settings and turn all of the sounds off if you want to do so . I play with my game sounds turned off because the sounds seem so artificial and cheap .

• TryPants
    251 Posts
    Thu, Jul 21 2016 11:04 AM

Hey Lonnie,

First, thanks for filling in the blanks and responding to ct's post/comment.

And yes.. I am aware of the menu options in the game settings to shut things down on the audio front(s) if I so desired. And while I agree to an extent that some of the sounds do sound 'artificial'.. I dunno.. some are satisfying and/or add a lil' bit to the game?

That said.. thanks again, for weighing in. Your time and efforts are appreciated.

Hey ct,

One word (of sorts) ... 'lol'.

:D

That said..

Here's to a good day to you both.

RSS