Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Death of Adobe Flash and what it means for WGT?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 12 2016 11:44 AM (4 replies)
  • Airborne1977
    1 Posts
    Tue, Jul 12 2016 3:43 AM

This may have been posted elsewhere, I've had a quick glance and couldn't see any posts on this topic but with the demise of Adobe Flash and the fact that Firefox outright blocks it, Chrome is doing the same, Edge you have to enable it, what are the plans for this game when running through your web browser?  Are we going to be forced into using the app or will there be a download version of this game for pc that doesn't use Adobe Flash?  Just want to know as with all the security holes they keep finding in Adobe Flash its making me a bit nervous whenever I switch it on (or just could be going paranoid having read too many bad press articles when a new hole is found).

Cheers!

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Tue, Jul 12 2016 9:13 AM

At this time we are sticking with Flash. If anything changes in that regard we will certainly let our community know. 

_CHAMPION

• WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Tue, Jul 12 2016 9:24 AM

Airborne1977:
    with the demise of Adobe Flash and the fact that Firefox outright blocks it

Using FF right now and Adobe Flash (Version: 22.0.0.192) runs just fine.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Jul 12 2016 9:34 AM

This thread topic resurfaces regularly about the death of flash and it's security issues.

I have been playing this game for five and a half years and never had any issues whatsoever with flash security wise. If flash is going to be superceded by HTML5 or another system the changeover will be a slow process. I think WGT as a flash based game is safe for a good few years still.

Although, to be honest, I know feck all about anything...

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Tue, Jul 12 2016 11:44 AM

WigerToods2010:

Airborne1977:
    with the demise of Adobe Flash and the fact that Firefox outright blocks it

Using FF right now and Adobe Flash (Version: 22.0.0.192) runs just fine.

+1 I`m using Maxthon Cloud with little to no problems . When I started playing this game 5 years ago we had to pretty much install flash seperate from the browser . Then all of the browsers began attaching flash to their browsers .

The biggest problem has always been as a result of updating and compatability retention . The browser would update and cause a problem with flash . Then flash would update and there goes the browser . But even though there have been problems with flash the only cry baby in the game is Apple .

So even though the browsers may again return to stand alone versions it will only mean that you will have to install flash seperate again just like before .To me that was always the better option because you could find the best flash version that worked for you .You also got to control if and when your flash version updated . The game seemed to run better and the issues were less .

RSS