Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Coca-Cola Life

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 8 2016 7:37 PM (4 replies)
  • MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Mon, Aug 8 2016 4:01 PM

I'm back on my diet and eating plain oatmeal, salads (with 10 calorie per serving Skinny Girl dressings...stop snickering), grilled chicken and vegetables.  Worst part is that I'm giving up soft drinks.

I've heard of this stuff called Coca-Cola Life that uses cane sugar and that Stevia stuff, and has about 1/3 the calories of normal Coke.  Has anyone had it, and if they have, how is it?  Sometimes I get a pretty intense craving and I want to satiate it with a Coke.

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Mon, Aug 8 2016 4:33 PM

MichaelStroke:

I'm back on my diet and eating plain oatmeal, salads (with 10 calorie per serving Skinny Girl dressings...stop snickering), grilled chicken and vegetables.  Worst part is that I'm giving up soft drinks.

I've heard of this stuff called Coca-Cola Life that uses cane sugar and that Stevia stuff, and has about 1/3 the calories of normal Coke.  Has anyone had it, and if they have, how is it?  Sometimes I get a pretty intense craving and I want to satiate it with a Coke.

For sweet cravings eat either fresh fruit or peppermint .Cut out the sodas in any form and drink green tea with honey  or just plain water . There is no such thing as a healthy soda Mike . At the most after every 2 days of sticking to your diet treat your self to a sweet snack like a snickers bar or favorite desert . Good luck and I hope you reach your goal .

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Aug 8 2016 4:36 PM

Diet Coke, all day. Can't drink the sweet stuff anymore, too sugary.  I did find a really good substitute that might be right up your alley-the flavoring you can add to plain water.

I drink the Hawaiian Punch version but there's a pretty good selection like Orange Crush, Grape Crush, etc. Look in the bottled soda department of you local grocer. Turn a bottle of water into nice.  :-)

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Mon, Aug 8 2016 4:52 PM

As far as what Lonnie said, while I do have some sugary snacks, I can give them up easily and not miss them.  If I never ate chocolate again, I wouldn't consider myself slighted in the least.

As far as what Jim said, I do use bottled water with flavor enhancers.  Hawaiian Punch, Mio, Crush, etc. I use quite a bit.  My favorite was when I was at Walmart and saw that Tang now makes one.  As a child of the 80s, I grew up loving Tang.  A big spoonful of that orange powder with a glass of water...good stuff.

My only real weakness is Coke/Dr. Pepper.  Once in a while, I just really want one.  I'm currently two weeks without one.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Aug 8 2016 7:37 PM

Personally I think the best diet is good old fashioned basic food. Meat and two veg and the odd sweet thing if I fancy it.

I see this diet or that diet come and go.  I have seen the UK butter industry practically killed of as people went to spreads (mostly plain margarine) in the 70s.  Eggs became taboo at one point.  I never ever paid any attention to any of it.

We evolved to eat meat, oats, some veg and tolerate sugars.  

Issues come when we turbo charge, and anything processed in any way is off the ideal.  Better off buying fresh greens and slicing than even pre sliced, no matter how fresh and even frozen pre sliced is getting farther away from ideal.

Sensible eye to exercise, regular old fashioned meals (sugar and loads of added fats were more luxury items once) should see you fine.  Modern controls means no victorian arsenic and saw dust to fluff out bread production (bakers dozen not just smaller loaves).  Saying that oily fish once a week is probably enough (polluted oceans / end food chain stuff and measurable heavy metals I understand).

Also without any real science behind me lol, I am a firm believer it's what you do 80% of the time that matters.  The other 20% go get chit faced on beer, have a curry, chinese and that full fat boy coke or slim as wish on taste.......Not saying I always stick to my rigid regime (ho ho), but what I the basics great.

RSS