Forums

Help › Forums

Re: CROSS PLATFORM PLAY UNSUPPORTED

rated by 0 users
Mon, Apr 24 2017 7:47 PM (6 replies)
  • largemouth51
    1,212 Posts
    Fri, Aug 19 2016 8:45 AM

I get this message at times when inviting players for a game. Can someone explain its exact meaning. My guess is that mobile players can't play PC users.

Bob/HO

• kirla
    73 Posts
    Fri, Aug 19 2016 9:02 AM

This is a post I seen when I searched the topic.  

WGTChampion
    Cross platform play not supported means that while you are on PC your friend that you are trying to play with is on mobile. PC players are only able to play with other PC players while mobile players can only play with other mobile players. 

_CHAMPION

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Fri, Aug 19 2016 9:03 AM

got it in one you answered your own question

• Tiburon95
    33 Posts
    Tue, Aug 30 2016 8:02 AM

Ok, but this has come up for me with a player I KNOW I was able to play with previously. We played a 3 hole round together, had a nice chat, accepted friend request and now we can't play together. Any idea how we got matched up randomly in the first place?

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Sat, Sep 3 2016 3:29 PM

you need to be on the same format... either pc or ipad

• VDeMartine
    68 Posts
    Mon, Apr 24 2017 7:47 PM

pdb1:

Yes . I have heard of two player matches where the mobile player started the match on his PC and continued it on mobile . I also know that there are a couple formats where it is  possible to start on PC and finish on mobile  . I think cross platform chat is very rare . It can happen . But it is more luck or accident . 

I would have to conclude that if it can happen for whatever the reason, then it is do able with the proper patch or plug in.  Compatibility should be less difficult than say....  A routine that allows for CC owners to have co-owners or Directors who are allowed to actually ASSIST the owner and not just be a fancy titled and useless member.  Just Saying

Thanks..... ~Vinnie~ <DESERT RATS>

RSS