Forums

Help › Forums

Re: CLASH PRIZE STRUCTURE NOT GOOD

rated by 0 users
Sun, Aug 21 2016 2:41 AM (7 replies)
  • sesky
    3,508 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2016 2:28 PM

OK. So you've spent the last 48 hours involved in WGT latest "event". Clash 29. Here's what you got for your time invested. No matter if your club finished first, second or third, the prize you got was the same. Five free passes and some cute tee box markers. Now if your club happened to finish first, one lucky member got a gold putter. If you finish down the ladder slightly, not to worry since you're only getting one less pass than the top three clubs. So remember, you are just basically getting free passes and tee markers for your participation in the "event". Now for about 15 minutes or so of your time, you can go over to the get credits screen and click on get free credits do a 180 credit survey and earn enough to head over to the pro shop and buy yourself, yes, 5 passes. I guess by now you understand that the prize structure for the clashes is nowhere near the quality and quantity for the time invested in these "events". We have club tournaments that pay out better. I think it's time for WGT to re-evaluate what it considers to be viable prizes for these "events" and make significant improvements in this area before these "clashes" just plain crash.

• Beryman
    9,098 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2016 4:32 PM

much bigger problems with the clashes than prizes .....although the prizes are a joke too

• sesky
    3,508 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2016 4:49 PM

Agreed. It's a money grab for WGT. The quality of golf doesn't mean as much as how many bodies and rounds you can get to play in the 48 hours. 

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2016 4:50 PM

• twinponds169
    3,028 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2016 8:11 PM

Beryman:
    much bigger problems with the clashes than prizes

Could not agree more.

In the clash prior to this one we had nothing but Oakmont and Pinehurst with just a couple Kia's, while the Georgian and others had just one or two  of those and a bunch of matchups on BOP 5's, a birdie and eagle haven. We had none on BOP 5's.

In this just finished clash we had the individual high scorer in one matchup and the 100 points added put us into a dead even tie finish. We only had the 100 points added to our total in the standings, even though the green box in results had us a + 600. Also no record of the match in our win/loss total, just missing the match completely.

The prizes are a joke of course, the money grab is an even bigger one, we give the clash some play simply for a bit of fun and change of pace and if WGT needs the money that badly, heck, we throw them a couple of bucks anyways. It's like their version of the red kettle at Christmas time, lol.

• sesky
    3,508 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2016 9:02 PM

Yep there are flaws but I do have a question for you on this statement:

In the clash prior to this one we had nothing but Oakmont and Pinehurst with just a couple Kia's, while the Georgian and others had just one or two  of those and a bunch of matchups on BOP 5's, a birdie and eagle haven. We had none on BOP 5's.

How do you know this to be true? When the individual matches start, your club and the opposing club know what course you are playing but I've never been able to see what the courses are for the other matches going on. I always assumed that when a set of matches started, everyone was playing the same course for that segment. If what you are saying is accurate, that is a VERY huge problem. 

• twinponds169
    3,028 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2016 9:28 PM

Just go to some other club that you know is up there in the clash standings, click on a player profile that seems likely to be clashing and look at their score history, it will show all the multiple rounds they have been playing for each clash matchup.

So if I go back to the clash I question, 7/23 and 7/24, and I look at the score history on your profile, playing for Majestic Mountain, I can see that you played 26 rounds on BOP 5's at three different intervals. As I said, we had no BOP 5 matchups. All Oak and Pine. I understand quantity is the only thing in this event, but points are recorded at any rate. Would you rather play those 26 rounds on Oakmont or BOP 5's where many more points are obtained with the better chances at birdies and eagles?

just looking at some of the top clubs, i also notice that there were 4 courses in that clash while we only had 3. Ours were mostly Oak and Pine with a few Kia's while the others were mostly BOP 5's and Kias with just a couple of the harder courses. Normally all these clashes so far have been a 3 course rotation. You can look at any of our players score history though for those days and not find any BOP 5's. Even checked North Americans verses Aussies in case we had one while others were sleeping.

Fair? No.

Worried about it? Not really, as I stated elsewhere, the clash is all for gits and shiggles, a little fun and a change of pace. Otherwise worthless.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Aug 21 2016 2:41 AM

Beryman:

much bigger problems with the clashes than prizes .....although the prizes are a joke too

Gees this is a tough crowd..........

And to top it off people are complaining that the prizes are not an incentive! Wow :)

RSS