Re: putt putt

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 14 2011 8:05 PM (4 replies)
  • Whogolf
    78 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2009 2:48 PM
    putt putt
    18 Aug 2009 at 2:34 PM

I think this game should have a practice putting green. I had a friend who quit the game cuz of the putting. I told him to hang in there but he was to frustated lol. Now , with practice if i`m 50 ft away I can get 2 or 3 ft from the hole most the time. Practice practice. Just a suggestion.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 3:35 AM

Suggestion submitted many times before, see Search box to the right.

• bluescouse
    1,185 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 4:04 AM

Gosh, the putting on this drives me mad. I played 18 on Kiawah yesterday and had 17 birdie putts. Final score? One under par!

You're quite right, practice is the only solution, and as somebody once said, it would be no fun if it was too easy!

I suggested introducing a mulligan option in practice rounds a while back, as an easier option rather than having to create a driving range, putting green etc. Lots of positive feedback, but as yet nothing has happened (at least as far as I know).

Sean

• Fidd
    4 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2011 7:58 PM

I read on a post (which I now can't find!!) that the Avatar will move his club 6 times when you move the Swing thing. So when using a Standard putter set on 30 ft that the backswings go in 6 ft increments, when its set on 60 ft they're in 12 ft increments.

I tried this and its brilliant. Just adjust the amount for different speed greens. I just played a Fast green game and a 13 ft putt was 2 movements = 12 ft.

Try it out...

This post also said to read the greens i.e. the shot might say 18 ft and 0 inches yet there'll be a blue grid between you and the pin therefore you'll need to get over that mound so you're gonna need to hit it nearer 20.

Once you get putting pretty much sorted it makes the game soooo much better!! :)

Enjoy.

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2011 8:05 PM

thanks fidd.....how to putt can be found here....

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/559.aspx

Cheers,

b0gey

RSS