Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Moving from Tour Master to Legend

rated by 0 users
Thu, Apr 28 2011 1:42 AM (8 replies)
  • Blu3Bulls
    40 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2011 2:21 AM

At what stage does one move from TM to Legend? Is the change in conditions that drastic? Been working at it a while and love this game. Got to keep your wits about you.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2011 4:27 AM

Keep posting your best score and the rest will take care of itself

-wgticon

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2011 5:13 AM

If you have played the required amount of games in that tier, which nobody really knows the excact figure...put it this way, with the Ave. you have at the moment, you are very close :)

Cheers

Roger

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2011 9:57 AM

Not a secret anylonger, I can tell you.

Scored over 60 average, you need 70 ranked matches, scored under 60, you need 50 ranked matches....more or less.

One fact is that you need to be under 61 when reaching the mentioned amount of ranked matches.

Gl. 

• seanobrien
    296 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2011 10:29 AM

Not sure if that is exactly right (maybe it has changed).

I was at approx 61.4 when I went to legend. Within a few weeks my avg was up to 69.5.

The main difference is that your see shot will be from further back, and you will have to use some course management to decide whether you want to go for the green from 40 or 50 yds further out (i.e. a longer club with less control).

But keep at it. It will take time to get used to, but you will get back to shooting good scores eventually

• Blu3Bulls
    40 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2011 2:15 AM

Finally made Legend, took plenty of patience. When you have a good round going, the adrenalin is there.

Any secrets? Getting used to the back tees and green speed.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2011 9:30 AM

Blu3Bulls:
    Any secrets? Getting used to the back tees and green speed.

Swap your hybrid out for a third wedge. You're going to see greenside lies you haven't seen in a while because of the long second shot and the third wedge will add another 5 shots to your game up close. GL and welcome to Big Boy Golf.   :-)

• Blu3Bulls
    40 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2011 11:21 PM

Thanks YJ

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2011 1:42 AM

YankeeJim:
    Swap your hybrid out for a third wedge.

Or swap out your 3 wood for the extra wedge and keep your hybrid - depending on the specific course or round you are playing and the shots that are likely to be needed. For example, if the hybrid is likely to be enough to reach the green on par 3s and 4s, and the par 5s are not realistically reachable in 2 from the long tees, the hybrid could be a better bet, especially the R11 which is so excellent out of the rough.

RSS