Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Tiger Woods 2012

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 1 2011 4:32 PM (6 replies)
  • Alb3rt
    131 Posts
    Sun, Mar 27 2011 4:25 PM

So there's been a lot of hype about the Masters TW 2012 game due out in a few days.

There's not been a great deal of press coverage in the UK I could see but has it had any decent reviews in the US?

The Special Edition boasts 19 courses which makes the game tempting and they appear to be adopting a similar approach to our beloved WGT, HD photography, or that style of scenery.

Certainly whilst we await the delivery of a new course or 2 from WGT (I mean full 18 not CCTH) it does seem like worth a purchase.

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Alb3rt

• Tresclub
    934 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2011 12:36 AM

Guess I won't be playing it...

Release Date: March 29, 2011
    MSRP: $59.99
    Exclusively on: PlayStation 3

1,644 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2011 4:54 AM

The Special Edition is exclusive to PS3, however there is a regular edition (with Augusta of course) that is available for all consoles.

I have played it, and no, there are no HD photographs, in fact I was extremely disappointed at the lack of detail on courses that I could compare with WGT (St. A, Bethpage, Wolf Creek)  maybe it's because I saw the Wii version which is not in HD, but I can't imagine there would be that severe a difference between say the XBox 360 or PS3 versions.

Having said that, just for the opportunity to play Amen Corner, I may have to give it a go as it's probably the closest I will ever come..... it sucks, but it's reality at this point.

my 2 cents.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2011 4:59 AM

Having said that, just for the opportunity to play Amen Corner, I may have to give it a go as it's probably the closest I will ever come.

LOL-I bet you said that about the Road Hole too and we know how that's turning out!  :-D

1,644 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2011 5:05 AM

I did!  But somehow I think winning a trip to Augusta National will be *a little* less likely than winning a trip to St. Andrews....  

I'm just sayin'

• jordanisawesome
    620 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2011 3:11 PM

I saw the Wii version which is not in HD, but I can't imagine there would be that severe a difference between say the XBox 360 or PS3 versions

Ive used all those systems (wii, ps3, and Xbox 360), and yes you can tell the difference in the games from wii to Xbox 360 or ps3, the quality is noticebly better with Xbox 360 and ps3.

• Alb3rt
    131 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2011 4:32 PM

I've played the Road Hole and it's far more enjoyable on WGT for a golfer of my level. Saying that if I had played WGT before I played St Andrews I would have been far more knowledgable :).

Will be avoiding TW 2012, thanks for the feedback folks. At least until it becomes a budget tile.

RSS