Forums

Help › Forums

Re: my game freezes up, but my opponent's doesn't

rated by 0 users
Mon, Feb 27 2017 12:50 AM (7 replies)
  • asianbeaverfever
    3 Posts
    Thu, Oct 27 2016 7:57 PM

problem is getting worse - i haven't been able to finish 9 holes for 2-3 weeks - i keep getting the message "loading zoom shot" - usually happens in the middle of a round, but sometimes sooner - sometimes i can go ahead & hit the ball, without the benefit of aiming and maybe even see the ball land in the small window, but can't see my opponent & i can't continue - most times, i'm left staring down the fairway of a random hole - i've submitted the bug several times, but no reply.  does anyone on here have any suggestions/fixes?

thanks,

mark

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Fri, Oct 28 2016 1:16 PM

This is a long shot but maybe if you had turned off dickhead mode before choosing your user name.......

• dchallenger
    545 Posts
    Fri, Oct 28 2016 1:25 PM

...or grown-up mode when choosing a profile pic.  :)

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Fri, Oct 28 2016 1:45 PM

asianbeaverfever:

problem is getting worse - i haven't been able to finish 9 holes for 2-3 weeks - i keep getting the message "loading zoom shot" - usually happens in the middle of a round, but sometimes sooner - sometimes i can go ahead & hit the ball, without the benefit of aiming and maybe even see the ball land in the small window, but can't see my opponent & i can't continue - most times, i'm left staring down the fairway of a random hole - i've submitted the bug several times, but no reply.  does anyone on here have any suggestions/fixes?

thanks,

mark

Yes I do but they might get me booted. DOH emoji to go here

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Wed, Nov 23 2016 7:38 PM

asianbeaverfever:

my game freezes up, but my opponent's doesn't

thanks,

mark

I guess you are missing the big clue there - "but my opponent's doesn't".

Your opponent is connected to WGT by a different path through the Internet starting with a ISP server different from yours.

How The Internet Works

You should get your shift key fixed too.

• PhotoDave
    5 Posts
    Sun, Feb 26 2017 5:52 PM

I've had the same issue for 6 months now. Cant complete a game, and WGT has blamed it on everything but fake news. They always say they are working on it. I've tried 3 diff browsers, am using a new desktop computer and am hard wired at 25 MBS. Go figure

• Mcduff61
    1,753 Posts
    Sun, Feb 26 2017 11:39 PM

as always these WGT forum trolls are great help to the op's question.. It sounds like you have your settings operating to block 3rd party cookies. WGT gameplay gets messed up when you have that setting, it is also the culprit for the players that get the servers busy time clock countdown....go into your browser settings and set to allow all cookies while you play wgt golf games, this should fix your problem..

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Feb 27 2017 12:50 AM

PhotoDave:
    I've had the same issue for 6 months now. Cant complete a game

Looking @ your 'activity'....^^ THAT is Fake News !  ;-)

Andy

RSS