Re: Asia Golf course

Mon, Nov 14 2016 10:38 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Mon, Nov 14 2016 7:32 AM

Robert1893:

HittyHard:
    ...the Asian market is not financially viable? Oh! That's shortsightedness.....

Do you really think that WGT is going to gain a significant number of new players if they were to add an course from Asia? 

I don't.  

It can be said that conversely Robert, do you really think WGT is going to lose a significant number of existing players if they add a course from Asia. I don't, so what's to lose?

• Robert1893
    7,711 Posts
    Mon, Nov 14 2016 10:38 AM

PhilEStein:
    It can be said that conversely Robert, do you really think WGT is going to lose a significant number of existing players if they add a course from Asia. I don't, so what's to lose?

No, in terms of customers, they won't lose anything. But I would think they would have to expend quite a bit of resources to mapping out the course and getting it into their system. I have to imagine that's not an inexpensive process. 

So when they're thinking what's the biggest bang for their buck, I have to think that they would be looking at courses that are either very well known or are being highlighted or are highly visible to the general public (for example, the course is hosting the US Open).

If they have that connection, they're likely to get a lot of new people signing on. So it really just comes down to how they want to allocate their limited resources. In that scenario, a course in Asia will always be way down the list (IMO). Now if there was a course in Asia that hosted a highly-visible golf event, then I bet WGT would consider it. 

• PAGES
RSS