Forums

Help › Forums

Asia Golf course

Mon, Nov 14 2016 10:38 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Jevaisbien
    2 Posts
    Sat, Nov 12 2016 11:52 PM

Why wgt official not take a golf course in Asia play at WGT.?

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Sun, Nov 13 2016 12:09 PM

I'm sure it's because they don't believe it's in their best interests financially. 

• HittyHard
    775 Posts
    Sun, Nov 13 2016 12:25 PM

...the Asian market is not financially viable? Oh! That's shortsightedness.....

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Sun, Nov 13 2016 2:37 PM

Too much rain during the monsoon season.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Nov 13 2016 8:58 PM

pete3572:

They might build a corner shop on every hole.

LMAO

Hell I lived in Asia for 10 years and there are a bunch of courses that would be great on WGT....courses with length, water and difficulty (still be low 50's for the best WFT'ers).

Financially, I am sure there are a number of courses that would fit some of the bill as it would add fantastic exposure to their courses.

I would like to see courses from around the globe, then, and only then can this Golf Tour really call itself WGT.

Asians love golf and this game does not really tap into that market.........it could be a win, win situation.

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Sun, Nov 13 2016 9:46 PM

alanti:

pete3572:

They might build a corner shop on every hole.

LMAO

Hell I lived in Asia for 10 years and there are a bunch of courses that would be great on WGT....courses with length, water and difficulty (still be low 50's for the best WFT'ers).

Financially, I am sure there are a number of courses that would fit some of the bill as it would add fantastic exposure to their courses.

I would like to see courses from around the globe, then, and only then can this Golf Tour really call itself WGT.

Asians love golf and this game does not really tap into that market.........it could be a win, win situation.

They might build a corner shop on every hole. Handy if you run out of any domestic knick knacks at 9pm

I would like to see courses from around the globe, then, and only then can this Golf Tour really call itself WGT. A touch like the World Series baseball you mean?

Asians love golf and this game does not really tap into that market.........it could be a win, win situation.  Do you honestly think that WGT are that far-sighted enough to embrace the largest market the world has ever seen? 

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Nov 13 2016 10:11 PM

PhilEStein:

They might build a corner shop on every hole. Handy if you run out of any domestic knick knacks at 9pm

Sure is....and we are too lazy to stay open that late actually working!

I would like to see courses from around the globe, then, and only then can this Golf Tour really call itself WGT. A touch like the World Series baseball you mean?

Something like that......not exactly a world series when it the rest of the world is excluded!

Asians love golf and this game does not really tap into that market.........it could be a win, win situation.  Do you honestly think that WGT are that far-sighted enough to embrace the largest market the world has ever seen? 

WGT cannot see past their nose......let alone something far beyond their comprehension!

Fixed :)

p.s. easy way to avoid monsoons is to plan to finish your  round before 3pm......certainly true in Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia.....will invariably pelt down between 3-5...then the sun comes out so you can have and outdoor sauna......

So the workaround for WGT....play in the morning

• Safdar1
    454 Posts
    Mon, Nov 14 2016 4:38 AM

Corner shops? Really?

• Robert1893
    7,711 Posts
    Mon, Nov 14 2016 6:17 AM

HittyHard:
    ...the Asian market is not financially viable? Oh! That's shortsightedness.....

Do you really think that WGT is going to gain a significant number of new players if they were to add an course from Asia? 

I don't.  

• PAGES
RSS