Help › Forums

Re: Tablet PCs and WGT

rated by 0 users
Sun, May 22 2011 6:08 AM (3 replies)
  • Alb3rt
    131 Posts
    Mon, Apr 11 2011 7:18 AM

Hi Folks,

Has anyone got experience of playing WGT on an Andriod Tablet device of any sort?

Obviously Apple i devices don't get a look in but I'm in the market for a tablet and if I can run WGT on one then that would be rather neat.

Cheers,

Alb3rt

• Alb3rt
    131 Posts
    Sun, Apr 24 2011 7:51 AM

After a tour around various cell phone stores and computer centres yesterday, I can say that the native Flash 10.2 support on Adroid 3 does not deliver a stable WGT experience.

I tested the Motorolla Xoom and Acer Iconia.

Both installed Flash easily and loaded quickly but the furthest they could load was to bring up the login box on wgt.com home page. Interacting in any way with the login box caused the broswer to shut down. This seemed to be a sticking point on both devices.

The Samsung Galaxy Tab with Android 2.2 did manage to get the game window loaded but then froze and eventually shut down.

The cpu and ram on the Acer devices was definately good enough to run the game as the speed of the load up of the web page was quick, it's just WGT didn't like the device at all.

Several other Flash web sites with video worked great but since I don't know any other flash games to try I couldn't go down that route.

The Acer Iconia running Windows 7 was the only tablet I could get WGTactually playing on but the effort to even get to that stage was major and the lag between hitting the screen and the meter stopping was so bad and unpredictable it was painful.

So I'll be waiting for the Toshiba and HTC Android 3 tabs to be released and trying again I suppose.

I still refuse to buy and iPad.

• 6six6
    194 Posts
    Sun, May 22 2011 5:31 AM

HTC EVO 4G shift cell phone. I made it to an alt game selection screen, guys kept coming n going so i left. Then i went to lessons but my battery dies, hadn't charged it in a day. Flash seemed to work fine, I doubt i'd be able to take any good swings in an actual game. Might try tonight.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, May 22 2011 6:08 AM

I can play on my 10 inch netbook but only very poorly. It's hard to judge angles and distances.

RSS