Forums

Help › Forums

Re: TEN PLAYERS QUIT!

rated by 0 users
Thu, Apr 14 2011 6:26 AM (5 replies)
  • banebdjed
    43 Posts
    Tue, Apr 12 2011 3:11 PM

TRYING TO GET A ROUND OF GOLF AND CANT. TEN GAMES IN A ROW AT OAKMONT AND MY OPPONENT HAS QUIT ON ME BEFORE THE 5TH TEE. THIS IS A JOKE.

BTW, i am not complaining about quitters and understand that people have more important things to do than play golf and people can quit whenever they like without facing ridicule. But i do believe there should be a handicap or penalty incurred when people quit just to give them that extra bit of encouragement to see the game through and learn that quitting is not going to be rewarded by keeping your average score intact. Your average score should decline and quitters should be punished with a score of 36over.

It really is effecting my enjoyment of the game and i cant even be bothered now starting yet again another game over again

• banebdjed
    43 Posts
    Wed, Apr 13 2011 4:32 AM

Is this a joke? been trying since 9:15 this morning to get a game and for 3hours every opponent has quit.......The one game i did get half way through my service providor talk talk decided to turn off my connection to make maintenance repairs....I have phoned them up screaming at them to in future contact me and make arrangements before turning off my connection...what if i was in the middle of something important like online gambling? would they reinburst the money due to mistake caused by them? No....Quitters and service providors, who needs em

• luckysump
    638 Posts
    Wed, Apr 13 2011 6:46 AM

So let me get this right YOUR not Complaining about Quitters, but in fact are complaining about Quitters, while your a quitter YOURSELF, thats a new one on me.

Takes allsorts to make a world.

LMAO so much i've hurt myself.

• stevereilly
    5,910 Posts
    Wed, Apr 13 2011 2:37 PM

you've kind of made the point why it's hard to punish quitters as it's hard to determine the quitters from those unfortunate soles who lose internet connections. Is it fair to punish somebody who lives in a country where the internet is unreliable?

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2011 6:18 AM

very easy answer to your question.

Play with your friends list or people you no 

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2011 6:26 AM

suncity28:

very easy answer to your question.

Play with your friends list or people you no 

Exactly what I've been telling people!!!

RSS